- Volume 14 Issue 6
Laser surface polishing is a polishing method for improving surface roughness using an integrated laser beam. Using a laser for surface polishing can improve the surface condition without physical contact or chemical action. Laser polishing has mainly been used to polish the surface of diamond or optical articles, such as lenses and glasses. Recently, diverse studies on laser polishing for metals have been conducted. The analytic study of laser surface polishing has been conducted with experimental trials for comparison, so that the proper conditions for laser polishing can be recommended. In this study, laser surface polishing was simulated in order to predict the heat-affected zone on the die steel depending on the power of the pulsed laser. The simulated results were verified by comparing them to those of the experimental trials. Through this study, therefore, the application of FEM to the selection of appropriate laser conditions could be possible.
- Kim, Y. S., Sohn, I. B. and Noh, Y. C., "The Local Polishing of Material Surface Using the CO2 Laser", J. Korean Soc. Laser Process., Vol. 12, No. 2, pp. 7-10, 2009.
- Kim, Y. S., Shon, I. B., Noh, Y. C., Lee, J. M., and Shin, Y. J., "Laser Polishing of SiO2 Plate for Local Area", Autumn Annual Meeting of KSLP, pp. 7-9, 2008.
- Shin, D. S., Lee, J. H., Kim, Y. P., and Park, J. K., "Latest Trend of Laser Selective Polishing of Molds", Proc. KSMTE Autumn Conf., pp. 222, 2011.
- Cappellia, E., Matteia, G., Orlandob, S., Pinzaria, F. and Ascarellia, P., "Pulsed Laser Surface Modifications of Diamond Thin Films", Diam. Relat. Mater., Vol. 8, No. 2-5, pp. 257-261, 1999. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0925-9635(98)00401-4
- Yang, J., Sun, S., Brandt, M. and Yan, W., "Experimental Investigation and 3D Finite Element Prediction of The Heat Affected Zone during Laser Assisted Machining of Ti6Al4V Alloy", J. Mater. Process. Technol., Vol. 210, No. 15, pp. 2215-2222, 2010. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jmatprotec.2010.08.007
- Lee., J. H. and Han, Y. H., "Influence of the Angle of Incidence on Energy Coupling Rate in Laser Surface Treatment", Proc. KWJS Annual Conf., pp. 265-268, 1997.
- Lee, J. H., Oh, J. Y., Park, S. H. and Shin, B. S.,"Computational Analysis of 355 nm UV Laser Single-Pulsed Machining of Copper Material Considering the Strain Rate Effect", J. Korean Soc. Manuf. Process Eng., Vol. 9, No. 3, pp 56-61, 2010.
- Nam, K. J., "Finite Element Analysis for Prediction of Bead Shape of Nd:YAG Laser Welding with Stainless Steel," A Thesis for a Doctorate, Chungbuk National University, Republic of Korea, 2006.
- Ahn, D. G., Kim, M. S., "A Study on Heat Transfer Characteristics of Laser Cutting for the CSP 1N Sheet Using High-power CW Nd:YAG Laser", J. Korean Soc. Manuf. Process Eng., Vol. 5. No. 1, pp. 51-58, 2006.
연구 과제번호 : Eco/Bio 산업의 기능성 부품 생산용 차세대 융복합 가공시스템 개발