- Volume 20 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
An Asymmetric Rotor Design of Interior Permanent Magnet Synchronous Motor for Improving Torque Performance
- Yoon, Myung-Hwan (Department of Automotive Engineering, Hanyang University) ;
- Kim, Doo-Young (Department of Automotive Engineering, Hanyang University) ;
- Kim, Sung-Il (Motor R&D Group, Digital Appliances, Samsung Electronics) ;
- Hong, Jung-Pyo (Department of Automotive Engineering, Hanyang University)
- Received : 2015.08.04
- Accepted : 2015.12.01
- Published : 2015.12.31
Torque ripple is necessarily generated in interior permanent magnet synchronous motors (IPMSMs) due to the non-sinusoidal distribution of flux density in the air gap and the magnetic reluctance by stator slots. This paper deals with an asymmetric rotor shape to reduce torque ripple which can make sinusoidal flux density distribution in the air gap. Meanwhile the average torque is relatively increased by the asymmetric rotor. Response surface method (RSM) is applied to find the optimum position of the permanent magnets for the IMPSM with improved torque performance. Consequently, an asymmetric structure is the result of RSM and the structure has disadvantage of a mechanical stiffness. Finally, the performance of suggested shape is verified by finite element analysis and structural analysis is conducted for the mechanical stiffness.
Supported by : IITP (Institute for Information & communications Technology Promotion)
- S. A. Evans, IEEE. ICEM, 1 (2010).
- L. Fang, S. I. Kim, S. O. Kwon, and J. P. Hong, IEEE. Trans. Magn. 46, 2183 (2010). https://doi.org/10.1109/TMAG.2010.2041329
- S. M. Hwang, J. B. Eom, Y. H. Jung, and D. W. Lee, IEEE. Trans. Magn. 37, 2806 (2001). https://doi.org/10.1109/20.951313
- M. Gulec and M. Aydin, IET Electr. Power Appl. 8, 189 (2014). https://doi.org/10.1049/iet-epa.2013.0256
- D. Iles-Klumpner, U.S. Patent No. 7, 230 (2007).
- S. I. Kim, J. Y. Lee, Y. K. Kim, and J. P. Hong, IEEE. Trans. Magn. 41, 1796 (2005). https://doi.org/10.1109/TMAG.2005.846478
- S. I. Kim, Y. K. Kim, G. H. Lee, and J. P. Hong, IEEE. Trans. Magn. 48, 843 (2012). https://doi.org/10.1109/TMAG.2011.2174045
- K. Wang, Z. Q. Zhu, G. Ombach, and W. Chlebosz, IEEE. ICEM, 397 (2012).
- S. I. Kim, G. H. Lee, J. J. Lee, and J. P. Hong, IJAT 11, 277 (2010).
- G. H. Lee, W. C. Choi, S. I. Kim, S. O. Kwon, and J. P. Hong, IJAT 11, 291 (2011).
- H. Shang, L. Zhao, and T. Wang, IEEE. ICISCE, 1001 (2015).
- P. Zheng, W. Ke, Z. Song, Q. Zhao, and J. Bai, Electrical Machines and Systems IEEE. ICEMS, 1 (2011).
- K. W. Jeon, T. Y. Lee, Y. J. Kim, and S. Y. Jung, IET. CEM 2014, 1 (2014).
- Y. U. Park, J. U. Cho, D. H. Chung, J. Y. So, and D. K Kim, IEEE. ICEM, 1139 (2013).
- D. Wnag, X. Wang, and S. Y. Jung, IEEE. Trans. Magn. 49, 2295 (2013). https://doi.org/10.1109/TMAG.2013.2242454
- Effect of Geometrical Parameters on Optimal Design of Synchronous Reluctance Motor vol.21, pp.4, 2016, https://doi.org/10.4283/JMAG.2016.21.4.544