- Volume 20 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Design and Comparison of Multistage Axial Flux Permanent Magnet Machines for Potable Generating Application
- Lee, Jiyoung (Korea Electro-technology Research Institute) ;
- Park, Byounggun (Korea Electro-technology Research Institute) ;
- Woo, Byungchul (Korea Electro-technology Research Institute)
- Received : 2015.07.20
- Accepted : 2015.10.26
- Published : 2015.12.31
In this study, we present a comparison of multistage axial flux permanent-magnet machines (AFPMs) with different topologies for use as 100 W-class portable generating systems. Three topologies were selected, and the maximum power density and high level of efficiency were achieved by following the response surface methodology (RSM) in the design. Three-dimensional finite element analysis (FEA) was used to conduct numerical experiments to obtain the optimum design using the RSM and suggest a proper configuration of the portable generating system.
Grant : 로봇/자동화용 스마트 액추에이터 개발
- T. F. Chan, W. Wang, and L. L. Lai, IEEE Trans. Energy Convers 25, 669 (2010). https://doi.org/10.1109/TEC.2010.2042057
- F. Marignetti, V. D. Colli, and S. Carbone, IEEE Trans. Magn. 46, 598 (2010). https://doi.org/10.1109/TMAG.2009.2034021
- J. Lee, D. Koo, S. Moon, and C. Han, IEEE Trans. Magn. 48, 2977 (2012). https://doi.org/10.1109/TMAG.2012.2199093
- T. J. Woolmer and M. D. McCulloch, Hybrid Vehicle Conference, IET, 27 (2006).
- T. J. Woolmer and M. D. McCulloch, Electric Machines & Drives Conference, IEMDC'07, 1 (2007).
- J. Lee, B. Park, and D. Koo, J. Magn. 19, 309 (2014). https://doi.org/10.4283/JMAG.2014.19.3.309
- J. Park, S. Kim, J. Hong, and J. Lee, IEEE Trans. Magn. 42, 3479 (2006). https://doi.org/10.1109/TMAG.2006.879501
- J. Xie, D. Kang, B. Woo, J. Lee, Z. Sha, and S. Zhao, J. Electrical Engineering & Technology 7, 745 (2012). https://doi.org/10.5370/JEET.2012.7.5.745
- A Fast Analytic Model of Axial Flux Permanent Magnet Machines with Static/Dynamic Axis Eccentricity vol.21, pp.4, 2016, https://doi.org/10.4283/JMAG.2016.21.4.554