- Volume 20 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Analytical and Experimental Study for Electromagnetic Performances of a Tubular Linear Machine with Axially Magnetized Single-sided Permanent Magnets
- Shin, Kyung-Hun (Department of Electrical Engineering, Chungnam National University) ;
- Jeong, Kyoung-Hun (Department of Electrical Engineering, Chungnam National University) ;
- Choi, Jang-Young (Department of Electrical Engineering, Chungnam National University) ;
- Hong, Keyyong (Offshore Plant Research Division, Korea Research Institute of Ships and Ocean Engineering) ;
- Kim, Kyong-Hwan (Offshore Plant Research Division, Korea Research Institute of Ships and Ocean Engineering)
- Received : 2015.09.01
- Accepted : 2015.11.13
- Published : 2015.12.31
This paper presents an electromagnetic analysis of a tubular linear machine with axially magnetized permanent magnets using improved analytical techniques. Based on the magnetic vector potential and a two-dimensional polar-coordinate system, the magnetic field and armature reaction field can be derived. Using these, equivalent circuit parameters, such as the electromotive force and inductance, can be obtained analytically. Finally, the generating characteristics are derived with the equivalent circuit method. In this study, the finite element method was employed to provide a comparative evaluation, and experiments were conducted to validate the results of the analytical analysis.
Grant : Development of the design technologies for a 10 MW class wave and offshore wind hybrid power generation system
Supported by : National Research Foundation of Korea
- B. L. J. Gysen, J. J. H. Paulides, E. A. Lomonova, and A. J. A. Vandenput, IEEE Trans. Magn. 44, 1751 (2008). https://doi.org/10.1109/TMAG.2008.922416
- Antonino Musolino, Marco Raugi, Rocco Rizzo, and Mauro Tucci, IEEE Trans. Magn. 50, 1 (2014).
- Shan Peng, W. N. Fu, and S. L. Ho, IEEE Trans. Magn. 50, 1 (2014).
- Gundogdu, Tayfun and Guven Komurgoz, J. Magn. Magn. Mater. 324, 2679 (2012). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jmmm.2012.03.057
- J. Wang, G. W. Jewell, and D. Howe, IEEE Trans. Magn. 35, 1986 (1999). https://doi.org/10.1109/20.764898
- Wang, Xiuhe, Yubo Yang, and Dajin Fu, J. Magn. Magn. Mater. 267, 80 (2003). https://doi.org/10.1016/S0304-8853(03)00324-X
- J. Wang, D. Howe, and G. W. Jewell, IEEE Trans. Energy Conversion 19, 289 (2004). https://doi.org/10.1109/TEC.2004.827026
- M. G. Park, J. Y. Choi, H. J. Shin, K. S. Lee, and K. Y. Hong, IEEE Trans. Magn. 50, 1 (2014).
- N. Bianchi, IEEE Ind. Appl. Conf. 1, 21 (2000).
- S. M. Jang, H. W. Cho, and S. K. Choi, IEEE Trans. Magn. 43, 2573 (2007). https://doi.org/10.1109/TMAG.2007.892328
- J. Wang and D. Howe, IEEE Trans. Magn. 41, 2470 (2005). https://doi.org/10.1109/TMAG.2005.854328