- Volume 25 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
Design of Brushless Permanent Machine with Skewed Stator for Electrical Power Steering System
전동 조향 장치용 브러쉬리스 영구자석 전동기의 스테이터 스큐 설계
- Received : 2015.10.01
- Accepted : 2015.12.08
- Published : 2015.12.31
As enforced the regulation of fuel efficiency, the electrification of automotive components in internal combustion vehicle has been applied instead of hydraulic pressure. A typical example of such parts is the EPS (electric power steering), and it is applied to most automotive at present. In electric power steering system, the core component is motor. The reduction of cogging torque and torque ripple is required to improve steering feeling and reduce NVH (Noise Vibration Harshness) in EPS. Generally the skewed design of stator or rotor is applied in order to reduce cogging torque and torque ripple. This paper propose the design and analysis methodology of Brusheless PMSM (Permanent Magnet Synchronous Motor) which is applied to skewed stator. The proposed methodology is as follows: First Intial Design PMSM with skewed stator for EPS, Second Optimal design using RSM (Response surface method), Third Performance Analysis such as Phase Back EMF, Inductance, Load torque using FEA (Finite Element Method). Finally, the reliability of proposed design methodology will be verified through the experiments of prototype sample.
electric power steering;brushless motor;permanent magnet synchronous motor;stator skew;response surface method;finite element method
- J.-S. Hwang, Journal of Power Electronics 19, 31 (2014).
- S.-J. Lee and J.-P. Hong, Trans. KIEE 62, 1403 (2013).
- H. Murakami,. H. Kataoka, Y. Honda, and S. Morimoto, 37th Industry Applications Conference Annual Meeting, Chicago, USA (2001).
- S.-M. Hwang, Trans. KSAE 6, 235 (1998).
- R. Islam, I. Husain, A. Fardoun, and K. McLaughlin, IEEE Trans. Industry Applications 45, 1552 (2009).
- W. Q. Chu and Z. Q. Zhou, IEEE Trans. Magn. 49, 1211 (2013). https://doi.org/10.1109/TMAG.2012.2225069
- G. Ombach and J. Junak, 42nd Industry Applications Conference Annual Meeting, LA, USA (2007).
- M. A. Khan, I. Husain, R. Islam, and J. Klass, Energy Conversion Congress and Exposition, Raleigh, USA (2012).
- M. Islam, R. Islam, M. Chowdhury, A. Gebregergis, and T. Sebastian, Energy Conversion Congress and Exposition, Raleigh, USA (2012).
- J. R. Hendershot and T. J. E. Miller, Design of brushless permanent- magnet machines, Motor Design Books LLC (2010).