- Volume 25 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
A Comparative Study on the Head and Neck Radiation Therapy for Dynamic Conformal Arc Therapy and Volumetric Modulated Arc Therapy
두경부 방사선 치료 시 입체조형동적회전조사치료와 용적변조회전조사치료에 관한 연구
Kim, Deok-Ki;Choi, CheonWoong;Choi, Jae-hyock;Won, Hui-su;Park, Cheol-soo
- Received : 2015.11.12
- Accepted : 2015.12.16
- Published : 2015.12.31
Recently, radiation therapy is used in the CT existing conventional two-dimensional radiation image, and set the size and location of the tumor in a manner that the image is going to change the treatment plan. After using the simulation using CT, radiation therapy it is four-dimensional or three-dimensional treatment made possible. and radiation therapy became the more effective ever before. High technology radiation therapy such as the treatment of SRS,IMRT, IGRT, SBRT, is a need to try contemplating the possibility to apply appropriate analysis and situation, so it has its own characteristics. and then it is believed that it is necessary to analyze and try it worries the proper applicability of the situation. The configuration of the various treatment that is applicable in many hospitals is necessary to try to determine how to practically apply the patients. Critical organs surrounding tumor give a small dose to avoid side effects and then the tumor has the therapeutic effect by providing a larger dose than before the radiation treatment.
radiation therapy;intensity modulated radiotherapy;volumetric radiation arctherapy;dynamic conformal therapy;dose distribution
- J. H. Kim, J. Korean Med. Assoc. 2008 51, 612 (2008). https://doi.org/10.5124/jkma.2008.51.7.612
- Y. B. Kim and C. O. Suh, J. Korean Med. Assoc. 2008 51, 604 (2008). https://doi.org/10.5124/jkma.2008.51.7.604
- S. Jo, M. Chun, M.-H. Kim, Y.-T. Oh, S. Kang, and O K. Noh, KOSRO 201 28, 177 (2010).
- C. X. Yu, Phys. Med. Biol. 40, 1435 (1995). https://doi.org/10.1088/0031-9155/40/9/004
- A. Piermattei, A. Fidanzio, S. Cilla, F. Greco, L. Azario, D. Sabatino, G. Mattia, M. Cozzolino, and V. Fusco, Med. Biol. Eng. Comput. 48, 79 (2009).
- B. Longobardi, E. De Martin, C. Fiorino, I. Dell'oca, S. Broggi, G. M. Cattaneo, and R. Calandrino, Radiother. Oncol. 77, 148 (2005). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.radonc.2005.09.011
- C. A. Kristensen, F. Kjaer-Kristoffersen, W. Sapru, A. K. Berthelsen, A. Loft, and L. Specht, Acta Oncol. 46, 214 (2007). https://doi.org/10.1080/02841860600635862
- T. Gupta, J. Agarwal, S. Jain, R. Phurailatpam, S. Kannan, S. Ghosh-Laskar, V. Murthy, A. Budrukkar, K. Dinshaw, K. Prabhash, P. Chaturvedi, and A. D'Cruz, Radiother. Oncol. 104, 343 (2012). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.radonc.2012.07.001
- A. Al-Mamgani, P. Van Rooij, L. Tans, D. N. Teguh, and P. C. Levendag, Technol. Cancer Res. Treat. 12, 123 (2013). https://doi.org/10.7785/tcrt.2012.500305
- Lambrecht, D. Nevens, and S. Nuyts, Strahlenther. Onkol. 189, 223 (2013). https://doi.org/10.1007/s00066-012-0289-7
- C.-S. Hong, S. G. Ju, M. Kim, J.-i. Kim, J. M. Kim, T.-S. Suh, Y. Han, Y. C. Ahn, D. H. Choi, H. Nam, and H. C. Park, Med. Physics 41, 021712 (2014). https://doi.org/10.1118/1.4860155
- Kempen, Angela M., Volumetric modulated arc therapy versus Dynamic arc stereotactic radiosurgery for untracranial lesions, The Graduate School University of Wisconsin-La Crosse La Crosse, WI (2013).