- Volume 28 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
Analysis of Design Live Load of Railway Bridge Through Statistical Analysis of WIM Data for High-speed Rail
고속철도 WIM 데이터에 대한 통계분석을 통한 철도교량 설계활하중 분석
- Park, Sumin (Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, Gachon University) ;
- Yeo, Inho (High-speed Railroad Systems Research Center, Korea Railroad Research Institute) ;
- Paik, Inyeol (Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, Gachon University)
- Received : 2015.10.11
- Accepted : 2015.11.02
- Published : 2015.12.29
In this paper, the live load model for the design of high-speed railway bridge is analyzed by statistic and probabilistic methods and the safety level that is given by the load factors of the load combination is analyzed. This study is a part of the development of the limit state design method for the railway bridge, and the train data collected from the Gyeongbu high-speed railway for about one month are utilized. The four different statistical methods are applied to estimate the design load to match the bridge design life and the results are compared. In order to examine the safety level that the design load combination of the railway bridge gives, the reliability indexes are determined and the results are analyzed. The load effect from the current design live load for the high-speed rail bridge which is 0.75 times of the standard train load is came out greater than at least 30-22% that from the estimated load from the measured data. If it is judged based on the ultimate limit state, there is a possibility of additional reduction of the safety factors through the reliability analysis.
Supported by : 국토교통부
- Ang, A.H-S., Tang, W.H, (1975) Probability Concepts in Engineering - Emphasis on Applications to Civil & Environmental Engineering, John Wiley & Sons, pp.300-301.
- Ang, A.H-S., Tang, W.H, (1990) Probability Concepts in Engineering Planning and Design - Volume II-Decision, Risk, and Reliability, pp.194-206.
- ERRI D 192 RP3 (1994) Loading Diagram to be Taken into Consideration for the Calculation of Rail-carrying Structures on Lines used by International Services-on a Probabilistic Basis, European Rail Research Institute.
- Gulvanessian, H., Calgaro, J-A., Holicky, M. (2012) Designers' Guide to Eurocode: Basis of Structural Design, ICE Publishing, pp.43-47.
- Hwang, E.S. (2008) Development of Live Load Model for Reliability-Based Design Code, Korea Bridge Design & Engineering Research Center.
- KRNA (2010) Final Report on Railway Design Load System, Korea Rail Network Authority.
- KRNA (2011, 2013) Design Specification of Railway (Railway Bridge), Korea Rail Network Authority.
- KRRI (2015) Annual Report of Development of Railway Performance and Optimum Construction Cost Technology, Korea Railway Research Institute.
- Kim, S., Kim, H., Lee, M. (2010) A Deterministic Investigation for Establishing Design Load of Railway Bridges, J. Korean Soc. Railw., 13(3), pp.290-297.
- Miao, T.J., Chan, T.H.T. (2002) Bridge Live Load Models from WIM Data, Eng. Struct., 24, pp.1071-1084. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0141-0296(02)00034-2
- MLTM (2014) Highway Bridge Design Code (Limit State Design Method), Korea Ministry of Land, Transportation and Maritime Affairs.
- Nowak, A.S. (1999) Calibration of LRFD Bridge Design Code, NCHRP Report 368, Transportation Research Board, Washington DC.
- ORE (1973) Statistical Distribution of Axle Loads and Stresses in Railway Bridges, Office of Research and Experiments of the International Union of Railways, Report D 128 No. 1-10.
- SB-LRA (2007) Guideline for Load and Resistance Assessment of Railway Bridges, Prepared by Sustainable Bridges - A Project within EU FP6, 31-47.