- Volume 28 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
Evaluation of Structural Performance and Dynamic Characteristics of Korean Traditional Timber Structure Sungnyemun
한국 전통 목조건축 숭례문의 구조성능 및 동적특성 평가
- Received : 2015.10.11
- Accepted : 2015.11.02
- Published : 2015.12.29
In this research, the structural analysis and safety evaluation for Sungnyemun -No.1 national treasure of Korea- was performed. Roof loads were calculated in detail, and structural analysis model was constructed using Midas Gen ver.820. Static structural analysis under vertical loads was performed and safety of main structural members and serviceability of main horizontal members were evaluated. To evaluate dynamic characteristics of Sungnyemun, both field measurements by impact hammer test and eigenvalue analysis by structural analysis software were performed and the results were compared. Sungnyemun showed rooms in their structural capacity.
sungnyemun;structural analysis;safety evaluation;eigenvalue analysis
- Fang, D.P., Iwasaki, S., Yu, M.H., Shen, Q.P., Miyamoto, Y., Hikosaka, H. (2001a) Ancient Chinese Timber Architecture I: Experimental Study, J. Struct. Eng., 127(11), pp.1348-1357. https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)0733-9445(2001)127:11(1348)
- Fang, D.P., Iwasaki, S., Yu, M.H., Shen, Q.P., Miyamoto, Y., Hikosaka, H. (2001b) Ancient Chinese Timber Architecture II: Dynamic Characteristics, J. Struct. Eng., 127(11), pp.1358-1364. https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)0733-9445(2001)127:11(1358)
- Han, J.S., Kim, C.J. (2005) An Experimental Study on Mechanical Performance of Tenon for Analysis of Structural System and Modernization of Traditional Wooden Architecture, J. Archi. Inst. Korea : Struct. & Constr., 21(4), pp.121-128.
- Hwang, J.G., Hong, S.G., Lee, Y.W., Jung, S.J. (2009) Natural Frequency Characteristics of Traditional Wooden Structure for Vibration Amplitude, J. Archi. Inst. Korea : Struct. & Constr., 25(5), pp.3-10.
- Kang, M., Yang, N., Cha, Q. (2011) Studies on Static Performance of Mortise and Tenon Joint in Traditional Column and Tie Construction Timber Structure, Electric Technology and Civil Engineering (ICETCE) 2011 International Conference, pp.6197-6200.
- Kim, Y.M. (2014a) Dynamic Experiments on a 1-4 Scale New-styled Korean Traditional Wooden House. Appl. Mech. & Mater., 598, pp.743-746. https://doi.org/10.4028/www.scientific.net/AMM.598.743
- Kim, Y.M. (2014b) Monitoring of Moisture Contents in Korean Traditional Wooden Houses. In Proceedings of the World Congress on Engineering 2014, pp.1298-1303.
- Lee, Y.W., Bae, B.S., Hong, S.G., Hwang, J.G., Kim, N.H., Jung, S.J. (2006) An Analytical Modelling of the Beam-Direction Frame of Traditional Wood Structure System, J. Archi. Inst. Korea : Struct. & Constr., 22(3), pp.29-36.
- Lee, Y.W., Hong, S.G., Hwang, J.G., Bae, B.S. (2007) Capacity of Lateral Load Resistance of Dori-Directional Frame with Jangbu-connection in Traditional Wood Structure System, J. Archi. Inst. Korea : Struct. & Constr., 23(2), pp.35-42.
- Lindt, J.W., Pei, S., Pryor, S.E., Shimizu, H., Isoda, H. (2010) Experimental Seismic Response of a Full-scale Six-Story Light-Frame Wood Building, J. Struct. Eng., 136(10), pp.1262-1272. https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)ST.1943-541X.0000222
- Min, K.W., Park, S.A. (2011) Simple Structural Model and Seismic Analysis of Heunginjimum, J. Archi. Inst. Korea : Struct. & Constr., 27(4), pp.23-30.
- Seo, J.M., Choi, I.K., Lee, J.R. (1999) Static and Cyclic behavior of Wooden Frames with Tenon Joints under Lateral Load, J. Struct. Eng., 125(3), pp.344-349. https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)0733-9445(1999)125:3(344)
Supported by : Myongji University