- Volume 28 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
Guideline for Bridge Design Wind Speed in Coastal Region
해안지역 교량 설계풍속 산정 가이드라인
- Lee, Sungsu (School of Civil Eng., Chungbuk National Univ.) ;
- Kim, Junyeong (Department of Civil System Eng., Chungbuk National Univ.) ;
- Kim, Young-Min (DAEWOO Institute of Construction Technology)
- Received : 2015.10.12
- Accepted : 2015.10.26
- Published : 2015.12.29
Estimation of wind load on bridges is one of the most important aspects in designing bridges in coastal region. Various design codes and researches have suggested the procedure to estimate design wind speed; however, they do not match one another due to many reasons such as incomplete data set, ignorance of wind environment and so on. For this reason, the necessity of guideline for estimation procedure of basic wind speed which reflect the roughness of surface and the topographical effect have been increasing. In this study, we have analysed limitations of the basic wind speed of nationwide suggested by Korea Building code(AIK, 2009) and Highway bridge design code(MOLTMA, 2010). In additional, we set forth guidelines considering the roughness of land surface and the topographical effect. Using the procedure, the basic wind speed were estimated for 15 coastal regions in Korea and compared with those listed in the existing codes.
Supported by : 국토교통부
- Architectural Institute of Korea(AIK) (2009) Korea Building Code, Kimoondang Publishing(in Korean).
- Cho, H.N., Cha, C.J., Baik, H.S. (1989) Probability-Based Estimation of Basic Design Wind Speeds in Korea, J. Comput. Struct. Eng. Inst. Korea, 2(2), pp.63-72.
- Ha, Y.C., Kim, J.R., Kim, K.S. (1998) Basic Wind Speed of Korea for Resistant Design, J. Archit. Inst. Korea, 14, pp.75-83.
- Jeong, S.H., Kim, B.J., Ha, Y.C. (2014) Revision of Basic Wind Speed Map of KBC 2009, J. Archit, Inst, Korea, 30(5), pp153-160.
- Korea Institute of Civil Engineering and Building Technology (2010) Design Criteria Research Center for Abnormal Weather-Disaster Prevention(DCRC-AWDP)-Improving and Developing of Wind Resistance Design Criteria of Structures for Abnormal Weather-Disaster Prevention(in Korean).
- Lee, S., Kim, J.J. (2014) Estimation of Extreme Wind Speed in Coastal Region, Proc, Korea Soc. of Civil Eng., 40, pp.113-114.
- Lee, Y.K., Lee, S., Ham, H.J., Bienkiewicz, B. (2009) Estimation of Design Wind Speed for Offshore Structures, J. Wind Eng. Inst. Korea, 13(3), pp.129-135
- Ministry of Land, Transport and Maritime Affairs(MOLTMA) (2010) Highway Bridge Design Code, Korea Road & Transpotation Association(in Korean).
- National Emergency Management Agency (2009) Development of the Assessment Technique to Wind and Snowfall Hazards(in Korean).
- Park, J.H., Kim, J.H., Jung, A.J., Park, H.J., Jeong, S.H., Ha, Y.C. (2013) Basic Wind Speed Map for Wind Resistant Design in Daegu-Gyeongbuk Region, Proc. Reg. Assoc. Archi. inst. Korea, 01(2013-12), pp.299-302.
- Simiu, E., Scanlan, R.H. (1996) Wind Effects on Structures Third Edition, John Wiley & Sons, New York, USA