- Volume 28 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
Performance Evaluation of the Full-Scale Active Mass Dampers based on a Numerical Model and Test
실물크기 능동형 제어장치의 수치모델 및 실험에 기초한 성능 평가
Jeon, Min-Jun;Lee, Sang-Hyun;Woo, Sung-Sik;Mun, Dae-Ho
- Received : 2015.10.16
- Accepted : 2015.11.13
- Published : 2015.12.29
In this study, the experimental test results are given to confirm the control efficiency of the linear control algorithm used for designing the active mass dampers(AMD) which are supposed to be installed at Incheon international airport control tower. The comparison between the results from test and numerical analysis is conducted and it was observed that the AMD showed the control performance expected by the numerical model. The effects of the gain scheduling and constant-velocity signal added to the control signal calculated by the algorithm is identified through the observation that the AMD always show behavior within the given stroke limit without any loss of the desired control performance. The phase difference between the accelerations of the structure and the AMD were almost close to 90 degree, which implies that the AMD absorbed the structural energy effectively.
active mass damper;linear control algorithm;gain scheduling;constant-velocity signal;performance test
- Hong, E.A., Lee, S.H., Woo, S.S., Hwang, J.S., Chung, L.(2013) Across-Wind Response Control of a Building Structure using ans Active Mass Damper - Focused on the Practical Application to Technomart 21, J. Wind Eng. Inst. Korea, 17, pp.3-13.
- Moon, S.J., Chung, T.Y. (1996) Active Control of Structural Vibration Using an Instantaneous Control Algorithm Including Acceleration Feedback, J. Korean Soc. Noise & Vib. Eng., 6(2), pp.215-224.
- Spencer, B.F., Sain, M.K. (1994) Controlling Buildings : A New Frontier in Feedback, IEEE Control Sys. Mag. Emerg. Tech., 17(6), pp.19-35.
- Lee, S.K., Min, K.W., Park, E.C. (2008) Dynamic Characteristic of A Bi-dirctional Damper Using A Tuned Mass Damper and A Tuned Liquid Column Damper, J. Comput. Struct. Eng. Inst. Korea, 21(6), pp.589-596.
- Woo, S.S., Lee, S.H., Chung, L., Han, J.Y. (2014) Optimal Control and Minimizing Stroke of an Active Mass Damper Using Gain Scheduling and Input Filter, J. Wind Eng. Inst. Korea, 18(2), pp.85-93.
- Heo, J.S., Park, E.C., Lee, S.K., Lee, S.H., Kim, H.J., Jo, J.S., Cho, B.H., Joo, S.J., Min, K.W. (2008) Performance Test of a Tuned Liquid Mass Damper installed in a Real-Scaled Structure, J. Comput. Struct. Eng. Inst. Korea, 21(2), pp.161-168.
- Lee, S.H., Chung, L., Kim, Y.S., Woo, S.S. (2012) Pilot Test Application of Wind-Induced Vibration Control Techniques, Rev. Archi. & Build. Sci., 56(4), pp.45-51.
Supported by : 국토교통부