- Volume 28 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
Evaluation of Shear Capacity of Wide Beam Reinforced with Shear Plates with Openings
유공형 판으로 전단보강된 넓은 보의 전단거동 평가
Ko, Myung Joon;Lee, Young Hak;Kim, Min Sook;Park, Jong Yil;Kim, Heecheul
- Received : 2015.10.12
- Accepted : 2015.11.09
- Published : 2015.12.29
In this paper, shear behavior of concrete wide beam reinforced with plates with openings was evaluated. For this evaluation, evelen specimens were manufactured. One specimen was non-shear reinforced, five specimens were reinforced with steel plates and the other five specimens were reinforced GFRP plates. Shear strengths measured through experiments were compared with ones calculated from the equation provided by ACI 318. Longitudinal spacing of shear reinforcement, transverse spacing of shear reinforcement and shear reinforcement material were considered as variables. Test results showed that the shear strength increased as the transverse and longitudinal spacing of shear reinforcement became narrow. Also, regardless of material type of shear reinforcement, the shear capacity was similar when the amount of shear reinforcement was the same.
wide beam;shear reinforcement;openings;steel plate;GFRP plate
- ACI Committee 318-14 (2014) Building Code Requirement for Reinforced Concrete and Commentary(ACI 318-14), American Concrete Institute, Farmington Hills.
- ACI Committee 440.1R-06 (2006) Guide for the Design and Construction of Concrete Reinforced with FRP Bars(ACI 440.1R-06), American Concrete Institute, Farmington Hills.
- Ahmed, E.A., Ahmed, K., El-Sayed, El-Salakawy, E., Benmokrane, B. (2010) Bend Strength of FRP Stirrups: Comparison and Evaluation of Testing Methods, J. Compos. Constr,. 14(1), pp.3-10. https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)CC.1943-5614.0000050
- Anderson, N.S., Ramirez, J.A. (1989) Detailing for Stirrup Reinforcement, ACI Struct. J., 86(5), pp.507-515.
- Choi, J.H., Kim, M.S., Kim, H.C., Lee, Y.H. (2012) Experimental Study on Shear Behaviors for Reinforced Concrete Beams Embedded with GFRP Plate with Openings, J. Korea Concr. Inst., 24(4), pp.407-414. https://doi.org/10.4334/JKCI.2012.24.4.407
- Grace, N.F., Soliman, A.K., Abdel-Sayed, G., Sale, K.R. (1998) Behavior and Ductility of Simple and Continuos FRP, J. Compos. Constr., 2(3), pp.186-194. https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)1090-0268(1998)2:4(186)
- Kim, D-J., Kim, M.S., Choi, J.H., Kim, H.C., Lee, Y.H. (2014) Concrete Beams with Fiber-Reinforced Polymer Shear Reinforcement, ACI Struct. J., 111(4), pp.903-912.
- Lubell, A.S., Bentz, E.C., Collins, M.P. (2008) One-Way Shear in Wide Concrete Beams with Narrow Supports, ASCE Structural Congress, Crossing Borders, Reston, VA.
- Lubell, A.S., Bentz, E.C., Collins, M.P. (2009) Shear Reinforcement Spacing in Wide Member, ACI Struct. J., 106(2), pp.205-214.
Supported by : 한국연구재단