- Volume 28 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
A Comparison Study of Model Reduction Method with Direct Impact Analysis of Truck-column Collision
모델축소법을 이용한 교각-차량 충돌변위 예측 및 직접충돌해석법과의 비교연구
- Received : 2015.10.13
- Accepted : 2015.11.03
- Published : 2015.12.29
Current design codes such as AASHTO LRFD or Korean Highway Bridge Design Code recommend of using static force for designing bridge column against vehicle collisions. However, there was an accident that the bridge was collapsed shortly after vehicle impact on bridge pier in Nebraska(near Big Spring, 2003). It was found that the second largest cause of bridge collapse is collision after hydraulic causes. It can be thought that the possibility of truck-bridge collision are getting increasing as the size of truck increases and traffic condition are becoming improved. However, dynamic behavior under the impact loading seldom considered in bridge design procedure due to computational cost and time. In this study, in order to reduce the computational cost for dynamic impact analysis, model reduction method was developed. Obtained results of residual displacement were compared with the results of direct impact simulations.
model reduction;concrete bridge column;vehicle-column collision;direct impact analysis;in-direct impact analysis
- AASHTO-LRFD (2012) LRFD Bridge Design Specifications, AASHTO, Washington, D.C,
- ASCE Task Committee on Blast Resistant Design (1997) Design of Blast Resistant Buildings in Petrochemical Facilities, Task Committee Report on Blast Resistant Design of the Petrochemical Committee of ASCE, pp.1-22.
- Bridge Collapse (2003) Retrieved October 28 2015, http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=3475.
- Chung, C., Lee, J., Kim, S., Lee, J. (2011) Influencing Factors on Numerical Simulation of Crash between RC Slab and Soft Projectile, J. Comput. Struct. Eng. Inst. Korea, 24(6), pp.591-599.
- El-Tawil, S., Severino, E., Fonseca, P. (2005) Vehicle Collision with Bridge Piers, J. Bridg. Eng., 10(3), pp.345-353. https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)1084-0702(2005)10:3(345)
- Federal Highway Administration (2007) Evaluation of LS-DYNA Concrete Material Model 159, FHWA-HRT-05-063, U.S. Department of Transportation.
- Hartik, I.E., Shaaban, A.M., Gesund, H., Valli, G.Y.S., Wang, S.T. (1990) United States bridge failures, 1951-1988, J. Perform. Constr. Facil., 4(4), pp.272-77. https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)0887-3828(1990)4:4(272)
- International Federation for Structural Concrete (2010) CEB-FIP MODEL CODE 2010, Lausanne Switzerland.
- Kim, W., Kim, K., Lee, J. (2014) A Comparison Study of Direct Impact Analysis of Vehicle to Concrete Pier and In-Direct Impact Analysis using Load-Time History Functions, J. Comput. Struct. Eng. Inst. Korea, 27(6), pp.469-476.
- Kim, W., Lee, J., Kim, K. (2014) In-Direct Analysis of Concrete Bridge Column under Impact Loading, Korea Institute for Structural Maintenance and Inspection Fall 2014 Convention, 19(1), pp.666-667.
- Lee, J., Kim, W., Kim, K. (2015) A Comparison Study of In-Direct Impact Analysis and Direct Impact Analysis for Concrete Column under Impact Loading, Proceedings of Korea Concrete Institute Spting 2015 Convention, 27(1), pp.287-288.
- Livermore Software Technology Corporation (2014) LS-OPT User's Manual, Version 3.1, Livermore, CA.
- Ministry of Construction and Transportation (2012) Korean Highway Bridge Design Code.
- Na, S., Cha, C., Choi, H., (2013) Maintenance and Examples for the Damage of Suspension Bridge Main Cable due to Car Collision, KISTEK, pp.57-79.
- Sharma, H., Hurlbaus, S., Gardoni, P.(2012) Performance-based Response Evaluation of Reinforced Concrete Columns Subject to Vehicle Impact, Int. J. Impact Eng., 43, pp.52-62. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijimpeng.2011.11.007
- Wardhana, K., Hadipriono, F.C. (2003) Analysis of Recent Bridge failures in the United States, J. Perform. Constr. Facil., 17(3), pp.144-50. https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)0887-3828(2003)17:3(144)
Supported by : 한국연구재단