- Volume 28 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
Embedded EM Sensor for Tensile Force Estimation of PS tendon of PSC Girder
PS 긴장재 긴장력 계측을 위한 PSC 거더 내부 매립용 EM 센서
- Received : 2015.10.15
- Accepted : 2015.11.23
- Published : 2015.12.29
In this paper, an embedded EM sensor was researched to estimate prestressing force of PS tendon in PSC girder. Recent methodologies for managing prestressing force loss were staying on verifying a applying prestressing force under construction, namely the loss management can not be controlled after construction. To estimate the tensile force of PS tendon during lifetime of PSC girder, this research proposed a bobbin-type embedded EM sensor that can be embedded in PSC girder is designed and fabricated considering the shape properties of anchorage zone and sheath. To verify the proposed sensor, a small PSC girder test was performed. The embedded EM sensor was connected to a sheath and anchor block, and the concrete was poured. After curing, the change of the permeability of PS tendon under tensile forces of 200, 710, 1070, 1300kN was measured using embedded EM sensor. The permeability of PS tendon had decreased according to the increment of applied tensile force. Also it is confirmed that the change of permeability due to applied tensile force could resolve the applied tensile force values. As a result, proposed embedded EM sensor could be embed into the PSC girder and it could be used to estimate the tensile force variation during lifetime of PSC girder.
EM sensor;prestressing force estimation;PSC girder;measurement of permeability
- Chen, H.L., Wissawapaisal, K. (2001) Measurement of Tensile Forces in a Seven-wire Prestressing Strands using Stress Waves, ASCE J. Eng. Mech., 127(6), pp.599-606. https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)0733-9399(2001)127:6(599)
- Kim, J., Park, J., Zhang, A., Lee, H., Park, S. (2015) Prestressing Loss Management for PSC Girder Tendon Based on EM Sensing, J. Comput. Struct. Eng. Inst. Korea, 28(4), pp.369-374. https://doi.org/10.7734/COSEIK.2015.28.4.369
- Kim, J.M., Kim, H.W., Park, Y.H., Yang, I.H., Kim, Y.S. (2012) FBG Sensors Encapsulated into 7-Wire Steel Strand for Tension Monitoring of a Prestressing Tendon, Adv. Struct. Eng., 15(6), pp.907-917. https://doi.org/10.1260/1369-43126.96.36.1997
- Kim, J.T., Hong, D.S., Park, J.H., Cho, H.M. (2008) Vibration-Based Monitoring of Prestress-Loss in PSC Girder Bridges, J. Comput. Struct. Eng. Inst. Korea, 21(1), pp.83-90.
- Kim, J.T., Park, J.H., Hong, D.S., Cho, H.M., Na, W.B., Yi, J.H. (2009) Vibration and Impedance Monitoring for Prestress-loss Prediction in PSC Girder Bridges, Smart Struct. & Sys., 5(1), pp.81-94. https://doi.org/10.12989/sss.2009.5.1.081
- Kurokawa, S., Sumitro, S., Wang, M.L. (2001) Stress Measurement of Various Cables by EM Sensor, Proc. of JPCEA 10th Annual Conference, pp.101-106.
- Rens, K.L., Wipf, T.J., Klaiber, F.W. (1997) Review of Nondestructive Evaluation Techniques of Civil Infrastructure, ASCE J. Perf. Const. Facil., 11, pp.152-160. https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)0887-3828(1997)11:4(152)
- Sumitro, S., Jarosevic, A., Wang, M.L. (2002) Elasto-Magnetic Sensor Utilization on Steel Cable Stress Measurement, The First Fib Congress, Concrete Structures in the 21th Century, Session 15, pp.79-86.
- Wang, M.L., Chen, Z. (2000) Magneto-Elastic Permeability Easurement for Stress Monitoring in Steel Tendons and Cables, Proc. of the SPIE 7th Annual Symposium on Smart Structures and Materials, Health Monitoring of the Highway Transportation Infrastructure, 3995, pp.492-500.
- Wang, M.L., Lloyd, G.M., Hovorka, O. (2001) Development of a Remote Coil Magneto-Elastic Stress Sensor for Steel Cables, Proc. of the SPIE 8th Annual International Symposium on Smart Structures and Material, Health Monitoring and Management of Civil Infrastructure Systems, Newport Beach CA, 4337, pp.122-128.
- Washer, G.A., Green, R.E., Pond, R.B. (2002) Velocity Constants for Ultrasonic Stress Measurement in Prestressing Tendons, Res. Nondestruct. Eval., 14(2), pp.81-94. https://doi.org/10.1080/09349840209409706
- Weiher, H., Zilch, K. (2006) Condition of Post-Tensioned Concrete Bridges-Assessment of the German Stock by a Spot Survey of Damages, Proceedings of the First International Conference on Advances in Bridge Engineering, pp.26-28.
- Youn, S.G., Kim, E.K. (2006) Deterioration of Bonded Post-Tensioned Concrete Bridges and Research Topics on the Strength Evaluation in ISARC, Proceedings of JSCE-KSCE Joint Seminar on Maintenance and Management Strategy of Infrastructure in Japan and Korea, 7.
Supported by : 국토교통부