- Volume 27 Issue 6
The purpose of this study was to examine the relationship between the safety awareness and safety practice behavior of adult learners who participated in "civic safety culture college" was held in Changwon city. We carried out a questionnaire survey that was targeted at 150 citizens, but 132 citizens were included finally. Data collected were analyzed with SPSS 21.0 statistical program. Analysis methods were t-test, one way ANOVA, Scheffe test, Pearsons correlation coefficient, and multiple linear regression. The results were as follows. First, safety awareness point was an average of 4.17 point which was higher levels. Area showing the highest safety awareness was fire safety. Safety practice behavior point was an over intermediate level of an average of 3.58 point. Second, safety practice behavior had statistically significant difference according to sex(t=2.58, p=.01), education(t=-2.57, p=.01), job(t=-1.96, p=.05), housing(t=3.65, p<.001). Third, there was a positive correlation between home safety awareness(r=.28, p<.001), traffic safety awareness(r=.37, p<.001), fire safety awareness(r=.37, p<.001), emergency care awareness(r=.45, p<.001) and safety practice behavior. Fourth, safety practice behavior was related to the emergency care awareness(
Adult learner;Safety awareness;Safety practice behavior
- Bae, J. Y. et al.(2012). A Study on the Safety Awareness and Behavior of the Citizens of Busan, Crisis and Emergency Management: Theory and Praxis, 8(1), 197-214.
- Hong, S. T.(2014). Diagnose Risk Society- Toward the Security Society over the Accident Society. Seoul: Aropa.
- Kim, H. S.(2006). The Parents Consciousness and Performance about the Infants safety and Home safety circumstance, Sungshin women's University.
- Kim, H. W.(2002). A Study on the Development of the measuring Scale of Safety Consciousness, Ewha Womans University.
- Kim, S. Y.(2015). Safety Awareness and Safety Practice Behavior of College Students. Journal of Digital Convergence, 13(2), 279-289.
- Kim, T. E.(2014). The role of law in modern society than the risk society- Focusing on the position of our country and to prepare for the safety frigidity. National Public Law Study, 10(2), 1-20.
- Lee, D. K. & Min, Y. K.(2015). After Ferry Sewol Disaster, How does Disaster and Safety Perception Affect Govermmemt Trust? - Centers on the Omnibus Survey of Disaster and Safety Perception Conducted by Korean Research, Crisis and Emergency Management: Theory and Praxis, 11(3), 19-38.
- Lee, H. C.․Jang, Y. S. & Choi, E. Y.(2012). Actual Survey on the Safety Conscious Practice and First Aid Knowledge of Health Department and Non-Health Department Female College Students (Oriented to Gwangju area), Journal of the Korean Academy of Clinical Electrophysiology, 10(2), 43-49. https://doi.org/10.5627/KACE.2012.10.2.043
- Lee, H. T.(2010). The Effects on Safety Life Practicing Behavior by Safety Consciousness and Safety awareness, Daegu Haany University.
- Lee, W. J.․Kwon, S. Y.․Kang, S. H. & Nah, Y. C.(2015). Research for the Experience of Fire Fighting Aafety Education and Living Safety Consciousness of Department of Noncommissioned Officer in College Students. Journal of the Korean Society of Safety, 30(4), 159-167. https://doi.org/10.14346/JKOSOS.2015.30.4.159
- Na, C. J.(2014). The Study on safety culture legal improvement of Framework Act on Disaster and Safety Management, Public land law review, 65, 361-383.
- Park, P. N.(2003). A Study of Primary School Students' Practicing Safety Procedure during Their School Life, The journal of the Korean society of school health, 16(2), 85-95.
- Yoon, Y. M.․Sung, K. S. & Kim, E. J.(2014). Safety Consciousness and Safety Practicing Behavior and Perception about Safety Management Service System of University Campus among University Students, The Korean Society of Living Environmental System, 21(6), 1033-1042. https://doi.org/10.21086/ksles.2014.12.21.6.1033
- 1. A Study on the Safety Awareness and Safety Practice of International Marriage Woman : Focused on Kimhae and Changwon City vol.28, pp.6, 2016, doi:10.13000/JFMSE.2015.27.6.1619