- Volume 27 Issue 6
Acceleration of globalization in almost all industries, including fisheries, already had been a major paradigm of the age. And It has been weakened its meaning of geographical, cultural and economic boundaries between the nations. In particular, various changes in the fisheries environment have exceeded the area of problem for conventional single country is resolved. And if there is no cooperation with international cooperation other problems also almost nearly impossible to alleviate or solve. So it has emerged in this context, the concept of sustainable development and conceptual diagram of responsible fisheries. However, it has been passed about 20 years since the FAO documents published, there is little interest in it. In this study, analyzed the characteristics of the changes and its constitutive trends and contents of the FAO's responsible fisheries documents. And proposed both the need for analysis and research for the fisheries in an international context for the future and educational aspects. The results of this study show that FAO related documents are hardly to find that have been translated into Korean, in particular since the 2000s. And it is fairly skeptical whether there is a direct effective in fisheries in terms of language barriers. Therefore, the study on responsible fisheries much more important to develop the current status and future-oriented policy of international fisheries even in fisheries related education.
Fisheries management;Fisheries education;Curriculum of fisheries & maritime education;High school curriculum;Changes of curriculum
- Kim, Sam-Kon & Kim, Jong-Hwa(2004). The Contents Analysis of Ocean Environment of Textbooks for Fisheries and Marine High School students, Journal of Fisheries and Marine Sciences Education, 16(2), 143-155.
- Kim, Sam-Kon & Shin, Jin-Han(2001). Curriculum Development for the Department of Marine Products Marketing in Fisheries High Schools, Journal of Fisheries and Marine Sciences Education, 13(1), 1-18.
- Kim, Sam-Kon(2003). Developing Direction and Subject Matter of Curriculum in the Fisheries․ Marine Science High School, Journal of Fisheries and Marine Sciences Education, 15(2), 154-165.
- Kim, Sam-Kon(2007). A study of Restructuring Fisheries School Education for HRD of Fisheries Educations, Journal of Fisheries and Marine Sciences Education, 19(1), 100-109.
- Korea FAO Association(2015). http://www.fao.or.kr/unfao/a_greeting.php.
- Lee, Dongho, Choi, Myeong-Gil and Song. Jung-Hun(2008). An Analysis of Curricular Constitution and Change in Fisheries Business Administration, Journal of Fisheries Business Administration, 39(3), 139-170.
- Ma, Imyoung(1998). COFI Responsible Fisheries' progress and countermeasure, KMI Fisheries Review, 168, 36-48.
- Ministry of Education, Science and Technology(2011). Curriculum of Fisheries & Maritime Education.
- National Archives of Korea(2015). http://archives.go.kr/next/search/listSubjectDescription.do?id=008921.
- Ok,Youngsoo(1998). Review of Economic Effects on Responsible Fisheries, KMI Fisheries Review, 171, 15-26.
- The Ministry of Maritime Affairs & Fisheries (MOMAF, 1998). The Code of Conduct for Responsible Fisheries.
- The Ministry of Maritime Affairs & Fisheries (MOMAF, 2004-2010). Annual Report of Fisheries.
- United Nations Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations(FAO, 1995&2011). Code of Conduct for Responsible Fisheries.
- United Nations Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations(FAO, 1996-2015). Technical Guidelines for Responsible Fisheries.
- United Nations Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations(FAO, 2012). Year book of Fishery and Aquaculture Statics.
- Hong, Seonggul(2002). Responsible Fisheries' Post-Harvest Structure and Distribution Policy, KMI Fisheries Review, 1210, 1-6.
- Kim, Sam-Kon & Cha, Cheol-Pyo(2009). A Study on Objective and Content Domains of Marine Education in the Fish and Marine High School, Journal of Fisheries and Marine Sciences Education, 21(2), 237-246.
- United Nations Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations(FAO, 2015). http://www.fao.org/fishery/publications/en.
- 1. A Comparison Study on Curriculum Contents between FAO Technical Guidelines and Korean Fisheries Management vol.47, pp.3, 2016, doi:10.13000/JFMSE.2015.27.6.1717