- Volume 4 Issue 12
DOI QR Code
A Topic Classification System Based on Clue Expressions for Person-Related Questions and Passages
단서표현 기반의 인물관련 질의-응답문 문장 주제 분류 시스템
- Received : 2015.07.28
- Accepted : 2015.10.16
- Published : 2015.12.31
In general, Q&A system retrieves passages by matching terms of a question in order to find an answer to the question. However it is difficult for Q&A system to find a correct answer because too many passages are retrieved and matching using terms is not enough to rank them according to their relevancy to a question. To alleviate this problem, we introduce a topic for a sentence, and adopt it for ranking in Q&A system. We define a set of person-related topic class and a clue expression which can indicate a topic of a sentence. A topic classification system proposed in this paper can determine a target topic for an input sentence by using clue expressions, which are manually collected from a corpus. We explain an architecture of the topic classification system and evaluate the performance of the components of this system.
Topic Classification;Clue Expression;Person-Related Topic Class
- Yongjin Bae and Hyunki Kim, "Estimating Block Weighting Scheme of Structured Text in the Information Retrieval for Question Answering," Korea Computer Cogress, pp.963-965, 2015.
- Zhang, Dell and Wee Sun Lee, "Question classification using support vector machines," Proceedings of the 26th annual international ACM SIGIR conference on Research and development in informaion retrieval. ACM, 2003.
- Androutsopoulos, Ion, et al., "An experimental comparison of naive Bayesian and keyword-based anti-spam filtering with personal e-mail messages," Proceedings of the 23rd annual international ACM SIGIR conference on Research and development in information retrieval. ACM, 2000.
- Antonellis, Ioannis, Christos Bouras, and Vassilis Poulopoulos, "Personalized news categorization through scalable text classification," Frontiers of WWW Research and Development- APWeb 2006, Springer Berlin Heidelberg, pp.391-401, 2006.
- McCallum, Andrew, and Kamal Nigam, "A comparison of event models for naive bayes text classification," AAAI-98 Workshop on Learning for Text Categorization. Vol.752. 1998.
- McCallumzy, Andrew, et al., "Building domain-specific search engines with machine learning techniques," AAAI Technical Report SS-99-03, 1999.
- Chen, Jingnian, et al., "Feature selection for text classification with Naive Bayes," Expert Systems with Applications, Vol.36, No.3, pp.5432-5435, 2009. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.eswa.2008.06.054
- Wijewickrema, Chaaminda Manjula, and Ruwan Gamage, "An ontology based fully automatic document classification system using an existing semi-automatic system," IFLA WLIC 2013 - Future Libraries: Infinite Possibilities, Singapore, 2013.
- Morchid, Mohamed, Richard Dufour, and Georges Linares, "A LDA-based topic classification approach from highly imperfect automatic transcriptions," LREC'14, 2014.
- Quercia, Daniele, Harry Askham, and Jon Crowcroft, "TweetLDA: supervised topic classification and link prediction in Twitter," Proceedings of the 4th Annual ACM Web Science Conference. ACM, 2012.
- Phan, Xuan-Hieu, Le-Minh Nguyen, and Susumu Horiguchi, "Learning to classify short and sparse text & web with hidden topics from large-scale data collections," Proceedings of the 17th international conference on World Wide Web. ACM, 2008.
- Faguo, Zhou, et al., "Research on short text classification algorithm based on statistics and rules," Electronic Commerce and Security (ISECS), 2010 Third International Symposium on. IEEE, 2010.
- Wang, Chang et al., "Relation Extraction with Relation Topics," Proceedings of the Conference on Empirical Methods in Natural Language Processing, pp.1426-1436, 2011.
- Wang, Chang, et al., "Relation Extraction and Scoring in DeepQA," IBM Journal of Research and Development, Vol.56, Issue.3.4, pp.9:1-9:12, 2012.
- Changki Lee, Yi-Gyu Hwang, and Myung-Gil Jang, "Finegrained named entity recognition and relation extraction for question answering," in Proceedings of the 30th Annual International ACM SIGIR Conference on Research and Development in Information Retrieval, pp.799-800, 2007.
- Chae, "On the Classification and Distribution of Korean Adverbials: Focusing on the Distinction between Regular and Concord Adverbials," Language and Linguistics, Vol.29, pp.283-323, 2002.
- Cortes, Corinna and Vladimir Vapnik, "Support-vector networks," Machine Learning, Vol.20, Issue.3, pp.273-297, 1995.
- Murphy, Kevin P., "Naive bayes classifiers," University of British Columbia, 2006.
Grant : 휴먼 지식증강 서비스를 위한 지능진화형 WiseQA 플랫폼 기술 개발
Supported by : 정보통신기술진흥센터