- Volume 3 Issue 2
In this work, mixing processes of hot and cold fluids of three different jet types are predicted by large-eddy simulation (LES) on FLUENT platform. Temperature at different positions of internal wall and mixing conditions of T-junctions at different times are obtained, then the simulated normalized mean and root-mean square (RMS) temperature, temperature contour and velocity vector of every case are compared. The results indicate that, the mixing regions in the tee junction is related to the jet type, and temperature fluctuations on the pipe wall in the type of the deflecting jet is the least.
tee junction;mixing;thermal fluctuation;large-eddy simulation
- ZHANG, Y, Z, Guo W, H & TI, W, X. 2011. Research on the Monitoring Technology of Thermal Fatigue of Nuclear Reactor Coolant Auxiliary Piping. The Academic Annual Meeting of Chinese Nuclear Society. 11th-14th October. China
- Ricard, J, B. Sperandio, M. 1996. Fracture mechanics applied to superphenix reactor components. International Journal of Pressure Vessels and Piping. Vol 65. No 3. pp295-301. France. https://doi.org/10.1016/0308-0161(94)00140-E
- Kamaya, M, Nakamura, A. 2011. Thermal stress analysis for fatigue damage evaluation at a mixing tee. Nuclear Engineering and Design. Vol 241. No 8. pp2674-2687. Japan. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.nucengdes.2011.05.029
- Simoneau, J, P, Champigny, J & Gelineau, O. 2010. Applications of large eddy simulations in nuclear field. Nuclear Engineering and Design. Vol 240. No 2. pp429-439. France. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.nucengdes.2008.08.018
- Igarashi, M, Tanaka, M, Kawashima, S & Kamide, H. 2002. Experimental study on fluid mixing for evaluation of thermal striping in T-pipe junction. the 10th International Conference on Nuclear Engineering. 14th-18th April. US.
- Kimura, N, Ogawa, H & Kamide, H. 2010. Experimental study on fluid mixing phenomena in T-pipe junction with upstream elbow. Nuclear Engineering and Design. Vol 240. No 10. pp3055-3066. Japan. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.nucengdes.2010.05.019
- Hu, L, W, Kazimi, M, S. 2006. LES benchmark study of high cycle temperature fluctuations caused by thermal striping in a mixing tee. International Journal of Heat and Fluid Flow. Vol 247. No 1. pp54-64. US.
- Lu, T, Zhu, X, G , Wang, P & Zhu, W, Y. 2012. Numerical simulation of flow and heat transfer with large-eddy simulation in a mixng T-junction. 2012 International Conference on Mechanical Engineering and Materials. 15th-16th January. Australia.
Supported by : National Natural Science Foundation of China