- Volume 15 Issue 12
DOI QR Code
Creating an Innovative Marketing Strategy based on Kano-Blue Ocean Approach
Kano 모델을 이용한 블루오션 혁신적 마케팅 전략 구축
- Received : 2015.07.15
- Accepted : 2015.07.27
- Published : 2015.12.28
One of today's most frequently discussed topics in the business world is how to escape from the intense red ocean and how to create an uncontested blue ocean. However, because there are few practical guidelines available on this topic, we will introduce a case study of an autobus company to show how it aspires to be a leader in the newly introduced autobus industry in Indonesia. Analyzed through a strategy canvas, Kano model, four actions framework and characterized as Kano-Blue Ocean approach, this case study provides valuable information on how accompany reinforces its competitive advantage from the red ocean while it transitions into a blue ocean by creating an innovative marketing strategy. This study provides a good example in the field of marketing and innovation management.
SWOT;Porter's Five Forces;Kano Model;Innovative Marketing Strategy;Blue Ocean
- M. Rochma, "Prospect of Indonesian Transportation Sector," Economic Review, No.211, Mar. 2008.
- W. C. Kim and R. Mauborgne, "Blue Ocean Strategy: From Theory to Practice," California Management Review, Vol.47, No.3, pp.105-121, 2005. https://doi.org/10.2307/41166308
- N. Kano, N. Seraku, F. Takahashi, and S. Tsuji, "Attractive Quality and Must-be Quality," 12th Annual Meeting of the Japan Society of Quality Control, 1984.
- C. C. Yang and R. Sukwadi, "An Integrated Model of Value Creation based on The Refined Kano's Model and The Blue Ocean Strategy," Proceeding of The 1st International Conference on Systematic Innovation, Hsinchu, Taiwan, 2010.
- P. Kotler Marketing Management: Analysis, Planning, Implementation, and Control, 13th ed., Prentice-Hall International Edition, 2009.
- T .L. Wheelen and J. D. Hunger, Strategic Management and Business Policy, 12th ed., Addison Wesley, Reading, MA, 2006.
- M. Porter, Competitive Strategy: Techniques for Analyzing Companies and Competitors, The Free Press, New York, 19807.
- C. C. Yang, "The Application of Two-Dimensional Quality Model on Service Quality," Quality Control Monthly, Vol.29, No.5, pp.27-33, 1993.
- W. C. Kim and R. Mauborgne, Blue Ocean Strategy, Cambridge, MA, Harvard Business School Press, 2005.