- Volume 15 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
Effect of communication competence on the organizational effectiveness in dental hygienists
치과위생사의 의사소통능력이 조직유효성에 미치는 영향
Gwon, Ah-reum;Han, Su-Jin
- Received : 2015.09.06
- Accepted : 2015.12.16
- Published : 2015.12.30
Objectives: The study aimed to investigate the effect of communication competence on the organizational effectiveness in dental hygienists. Methods: A self-reported questionnaire was completed by 248 dental hygienists in Seoul, Incheon, and Gyeonggido from November 1 to 30, 2014. The questionnaire consisted of general characteristics of the subjects(4 items), job characteristics(10 items), communication competence(49 items), organizational commitment(15 items), job satisfaction(16 items), and turnover intention(5 items). The instrument for communication competence and organizational commitment was done by Likert 5 points scale. Data were analyzed by t test, one way ANOVA, stepwise multiple regression test, and post-hoc Scheffe test using SPSS 18.0 program Results: The average of communication competence was 3.49(
communication competence;job satisfaction;organizational commitment;organizational effectiveness;turnover intention
- Park SG, Lim SH. A study on the effects of leadership types of middle manager in hospital organization on organizational effectiveness. The Korean-Japanese Journal of Economics & Management Studies 2014; 65: 77-103.
- Shim SH, Seo YJ. Determinants of occupational commitment of dental hygienists. Korean journal of hospital management 2008; 13: 84-102.
- Lee SM, Choi WJ, Han GS, Kim CH. Influencing factors of turnover intention of dental hygienists using by the path analysis. J Korean Soc Dent Hyg 2013; 13: 941-9. http://dx.doi.org/10.13065/jksdh.2013.13.06.941. https://doi.org/10.13065/jksdh.2013.13.06.941
- Kim SH, Kim DK. Effects of problem-based learning on learning motivation, self-directed learning capabilities in dental hygiene students education. J Korean Acad Dent Health 2009; 33: 82-9.
- Lee CS. Lim SH, Han JH. The effect of the intramural marketing activities in dental hygienist' on job satisfaction and turnover intention in dental hygienist. J Dent Hyg Sci 2012; 12: 15-22.
- Papa, MJ. Communicatior competence and employee performance with new technology: a case study. The southern communication journal 1989; 55: 87-101. https://doi.org/10.1080/10417948909372779
- Lee SK, Hwang KS, Park YD, Beom KC. J. The relationship between factors influencing smooth communication. J Korean Acad Oral Health 2011; 35: 85-92.
- Park H. Clinical skills assessment in Korean medical licensing examination. Korean J Med Educ 2008; 20: 309-12. https://doi.org/10.3946/kjme.2008.20.4.309
- Park YN, Park KJ, Oh SH, Kim SH. Dental office manager current conditions by scale of Korean dental clinic. The Korea Contents Association 2010; 10: 267-273.
- Lee SJ, Chang YK, Lee HN, Park KW. A study on the development of life-skills: communication, problem solving, and self-directed learning. Seoul: Korean Educational Development Institute, 2003. 74-90,134-7.
- Etzioni A. Modern organization. New Jersey: Englewood Cliffs; 1964.
- Kim JU, Kim JH. A review of research on evaluation indexes and determinants of organizational effectiveness of hospital nursing organizations. Perspect Nurs Sci 2014; 11: 49-62. http://dx.doi.org/10.16952/pns.2014.11.1.49. https://doi.org/10.16952/pns.2014.11.1.49
- Lee SK, Seong JM. Research about Communication of Dental Medical Workers. J Korean Aca Dent Hyg 2012; 14: 161-8.
- Kang BW. Analysis of psychological characteristics associated with organization commitment among clinical dental hygienists. Bulletin of Dongnam Health College 2005; 23: 19-28.
- Hong EM. A study on hospital nurses' level of communications and their perception of the organizational activities[Master's thesis]. Seoul: Kyunghee University, 2007.
- Sullivan, EJ. Men in nursing: The importance of gender diversity. J Prof Nurs. 2000; 16: 253-4. https://doi.org/10.1053/jpnu.2000.9455
- Kim MR. Influential factors on turnover intention of nurses; the affect of nurse's organizational commitment and career commitment to turnover intention. J Korean Acad Nurs 2007; 13: 335-44.
- Kim HY, Choi JO, Seong MG. The effect of self-efficacy and job satisfaction of dental hygienists'on the organizational commitment and turnover intention. J Korean Soc Dent Hyg 2012; 11: 213-23.
- Lee NH. The influence of nurses' organizational communication on organizational commitment and turnover[Master's thesis]. Chungju: Korea National University of Transportation, 2012.
- Jung JO, Song KS. A study on job stress and job satisfaction of dental hygienists working in dental clinics. J Dent Hyg Sci 2008; 8: 305-12.
- Priority analysis of NCS based vocational core competency of dental hygienists in Gwangju vol.16, pp.3, 2016, https://doi.org/10.13065/jksdh.2016.16.03.337
- Communication ability according to self-awareness and other-awareness in some dental hygiene students vol.16, pp.5, 2016, https://doi.org/10.13065/jksdh.2016.16.05.733
- Influence of smartphone addiction on personal relationship in dental hygiene students vol.16, pp.5, 2016, https://doi.org/10.13065/jksdh.2016.16.05.775