- Volume 15 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
Factors associated with community scaling rate: Using community health survey data
지역사회 스케일링경험률에 영향을 미치는 요인: 지역사회건강조사 자료이용
Kim, Ji-Min;Ha, Ju-Won;Kim, Ji-Soo;Jung, Yeon-Ho;Kim, Dong-Suk;Lee, Ga-Yeong;Jang, Young-Eun;Kim, Nam-Hee
- Received : 2015.09.12
- Accepted : 2015.12.11
- Published : 2015.12.30
Objectives: The purpose of the study is to investigate the influencing factors of community scaling rate using community health survey data. Methods: The data were extracted from 2013 Community Health Survey, Ministry of education, Korea Dental Association, Statistics Korea, Health Insurance Review and Assessment Service, and Ministry of the Interior. The resource factors of independent variables were analysed by Geographical Information System(GIS) using Map Wizard for Excel 17.0. The data were analyzed by descriptive analysis, pearson correlation and multiple linear regression analysis(p<0.05). Results: Seocho-gu in Seoul had the highest annual scaling rate(55.5%) and Goheung-gun had the lowest rate(11%) showing 44.5 percent gap. The influencing factors of scaling included the number of dental hygienists(r=0.316), dentists(r=0.332), dental hospitals(r=0.470), high school graduation rate(r=0.757) and equivalence scales household income(r=0.764)(p<0.05). Multiple linear regression analysis showed that community scaling rate was closely associated with community education level and monthly income(p<0.05). Conclusions: Community scaling rate was closely related to the community education and income level. It is necessary to provide the equal distribution of the oral health service to the community society.
community health survey;dental scaling rate;education;income level
- Kim JB, Choi YJ, Mun HS, Kim JB, Kim DG, Lee HS, et al. Public Oral Health. 2nd. Seoul: Komoonsa; 2002: 125-6.
- Barros SP, Suruki R, Loewy ZG, Beck JD, Offenbacher S. A cohort study of the impact of tooth loss and periodontal disease on respiratory events among COPD subjects: modulatory role of systemic biomarkers of inflammation. PloS one 2013; 8: e68592. http://dx.doi.org/10.1371/journal. pone.0068592. https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0068592
- Han GS, Bae KH, Lee MJ, Choi JS. Evaluation of periodontal status according to sociodemographic and health behavior characteristics. J Dent Hyg Sci 2008; 8(4): 395-401.
- Lim MH. A study on the effect of oral health behavior on gingivitis affect[Master's thesis]. Seoul:Univ. of Dankook, 2001.
- Kang YJ, Jang GW, Jeong MK. Oral health attitudes and behaviors among clients receiving scaling. J Korean Sco Dent Hyg 2011; 11(5): 773-82.
- Lee MY, Chang SJ, Kim CB, Chung WG, Choi EM, Kim NH. Community periodontal treatment needs in South Korea. Int J Dent Hyg 2014. http://dx.doi.org/10.1111/idh.12102.
- Cheon SY, Won BY. Affecting factors to oral scaling experience of the part worker. J Korean Sco Dent Hyg 2011; 11(1): 1-11.
- Ghoi ES, Kim MN, Noh SM, Park JE. Factors affecting dental service utilization of adult: An application of the Andersen model. J Dent Hyg Sci 2015; 15(1): 67-76. http://dx.doi.org/10.17135/jdhs.2015.15.1.67. https://doi.org/10.17135/jdhs.2015.15.1.67
- Ko MK, Lim DS, Ahn YS. Deciding factors of regular scaling checkup in metropolitan adults. J Korean Acad Dent Hyg Educ 2013; 13(6): 969-76. http://dx.doi.org/10.13065/jksdh.2013.13.06.969. https://doi.org/10.13065/jksdh.2013.13.06.969
- Lee YJ. An Study on the inequality of health care resources distribution affected by regional characteristics. J Cri Soc Welf 2005; 21(1): 49-78.
- Yoo HS, Jun DI. A study in factors affecting utilization & access of disability service. J Rehabilitation Research 2008; 12(1): 1-17.
- Ha MY. A study on the changes in consumers' awareness and the rate of scaling in each region after its coverage by the national health insurance scheme[Master's thesis]. Seoul:Univ of Dankook, 2014.
- Kim CS, Han SY, Kim CW. The relationship between regional socioecomonic position and oral health behavior: A multilevel approach analysis. J Korea Acad Oral Health 2013; 37(4): 208-15. http://dx.doi.org/10.11149/jkaoh.2013.37.4.208. https://doi.org/10.11149/jkaoh.2013.37.4.208
- Heo YM, Kim HJ, Kim MN, Kim MN, Lim HJ, Kim MH, et al. Affecting factors on national health insurance coverage dental scaling experience. J Dent Hyg Sci 2015; 15(3): 287-94. http://dx.doi.org/10.17135/jdhs.2015.15.3.287. https://doi.org/10.17135/jdhs.2015.15.3.287
Supported by : 연세대학교