- Volume 15 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
Relationship between educational satisfaction and learning participation in dental hygiene students
일부 치위생과 학생의 교육만족도와 학습참여도와의 관련성
- Received : 2015.09.28
- Accepted : 2015.12.21
- Published : 2015.12.30
Objectives: The purpose of this study was to examine the relationship between educational satisfaction and learning participation of dental hygiene students. Method: A self-reported questionnaire was completed by 344 dental hygiene students in Gyeonggido, Chungcheongdo, and Gyeongsangdo from June 2 to 24, 2014, The questionnaire consisted of general characteristics of the subjects(3 items), choice reason of dental hygiene(7 items), educational satisfaction(22 items), and learning participation(11 items). The educational satisfaction and learning participation were assessed by Likert 5 points scale. Data were analyzed by a statistical package SPSS WIN 18.0. Results: Educational satisfaction included educational environments, teaching, educational content and educational effect. Learning participation included class flow, class participation and class readiness. Gyeongsangdo students tended to have higher score than other areas. The educational effect and teaching effect had more influence on learning participation. Conclusion: To improve the better dental hygiene education, it is important to prepare the effective educational methods and find out the influencing factors for class immersion.
class immersion;educational effect;educational satisfaction;learning participation
- Kim SY, Kim YJ, Moon SE. Effect of gender role identity on choice of dental hygiene and professionalism. J Korean Soc Dent Hyg 2015; 15(2): 295-301. http://dx.doi.org/10.13065/jksdh.2015.15.02.295.. https://doi.org/10.13065/jksdh.2015.15.02.295
- Hwang MY, Won BY, Shin MS. A study on the relationship of dental hygienist job awareness and view of college courses amongs some dental hygiene students. J Korean soc Dent Hyg 2011; 11(6): 939-49.
- Hwang MY. A study on relationship between the field of dental hygients'activities and the curriculum of dental hygiene. Bulletin of Dongnam Health College 2001; 19(2): 234-41.
- Cho H, Lee GY. Self esteem and career identity of nursing students. J Korean Acad Health Nurs 2006; 20(2): 163-73.
- Park KH, Choi HJ. Correlations of self - esteem, major satisfaction and career identity in dental hygiene students. J Korean Soc Dent Hyg 2015; 15(2): 279-86. http://dx.doi.org/10.13065/jksdh. 2015.15.02.279. https://doi.org/10.13065/jksdh.2015.15.02.279
- Lee HK, Ju OJ. Influence of socio-demographic characteristics and ethical type on self-esteem in dental hygiene student. J Korean Soc Dent Hyg 2015; 15(3): 497-504. http://dx.doi.org/10.13065/jksdh.2015.15.03.497. https://doi.org/10.13065/jksdh.2015.15.03.497
- Jung EK. Relation between learning strategy and academic achievement in the dental hygiene students. J Korean Soc Dent Hyg 2015; 15(3): 371-7. http://dx.doi.org/10.13065/jksdh.2015.15.03.371. https://doi.org/10.13065/jksdh.2015.15.03.371
- Jung Gi Ok, Choi GY, Bae Ji Y. Effect of satisfaction in major and carrer search efficacy on carrer search bahavior in dental hygiene students. J Korean Soc Dent Hyg 2013; 13(1): 61-8. https://doi.org/10.13065/jksdh.2013.13.1.061
- Yu JS. A study of the effects of motive, expectation and satisfaction upon the participation lavel of the students of the advanced course for bachelor of dental hygiene[Doctoral dissertation]. Taejeon: Univ. of Hannam, 2011.
- Won BY, Jang GW, Hwang MY, Kim SA, Jang JH. Development of Korean standard dental hygiene curriculum proposal. J Korean Soc Dent Hyg 2013; 13(1): 1-12. https://doi.org/10.13065/jksdh.2013.13.1.001
- Won BY, Hwang MY, Chun SY. The actual condition of operating dental hygiene curriculum between Korea and America. J Korean Soc Dent Hyg 2010; 10: 1061-71.
- Kim SA, Lee JY, Hwang SH, Cho MS, Park JH, Jung NY, et al. Knowledge and attitude change towards radiation protection after radiation safety management education indental hygiene students. J Korean Soc Dent Hyg 2015; 15(1): 101-9. http://dx.doi.org/10.13065/jksdh.2015.15.01. https://doi.org/10.13065/jksdh.2015.15.01.101
- Lee JH, Kim JH. A study on job preference type, academic ability and academic performance of dental hygiene department student. J Korean Acad Dent Hyg Educ 2010; 10(1): 173-81.
- Kang YS, Lee EJ. A study on the impact of the major satisfaction of undergraduate students majoring in social welfare on the level of career decision in Jeon-buk Area. Korean J Soc Welfare Res 2006; 15: 1-22.
- Kim MN, Heo YM, Kim HJ, Ahn YS. Effect of values on major satisfaction indental hygiene students. J Korean Soc Dent Hyg 2015; 15(1): 81-9. http://dx.doi.org/10.13065/jksdh.2015.15.01.81. https://doi.org/10.13065/jksdh.2015.15.01.81
- Choi MS, Jang YH, Yun HK. Effect of selp-resilience and selp-resiliency on the satisfaction with major in dental hygiene students. J Korean Soc Dent Hyg 2014; 14(2): 155-62. http://dx.doi.org/10.13065/jksdh.2014.14.02.155. https://doi.org/10.13065/jksdh.2014.14.02.155
- Choi JH, Ko EK, Lee SL, Lee SL. Influence of achievement motivation and self concept on clinical practice satisfaction in the dental hygiene students. J Korean Soc Dent Hyg 2015; 15(2): 287-93. http://dx.doi.org/10.13065/jksdh.2015.15.02.287. https://doi.org/10.13065/jksdh.2015.15.02.287
- Shim HS, Lee HN. Stress and coping of dental hygiene students in clinical practice. J Korean Soc Dent Hyg 2014; 14(2): 139-45. http://dx.doi.org/10.13065/jksdh.2014.14.02.139. https://doi.org/10.13065/jksdh.2014.14.02.139
- Shim HS, Yang JS, A study on the college life satisfaction of students studying dental hygiene residing in Gwangju and JeonnamJ Korean Acad Dent Hyg Educ 2006; 6(1): 63-77.
- Cho MS, Kim CS. The relationship between the satisfaction levels of education and practice in the dental hygiene students. J Korean Soc Dent Hyg 2014; 14(5): 649-58. http://dx.doi.org/10.13065/jksdh.2014.14.05.649. https://doi.org/10.13065/jksdh.2014.14.05.649
- Shin MS, Hwang MY, Kang BW. Comparison of the usefulness of dental hygiene courses in the workplace. J Korean Acad Dent Hyg 2014; 16(4): 217-26.
- Kim JH. Development of job performance assessment tool for dental hygienists[Doctoral dissertation]. Daegu: Univ. of Yeungnam, 2012.
- Influence of education service quality on major satisfaction in the dental hygiene students vol.16, pp.4, 2016, https://doi.org/10.13065/jksdh.2016.16.04.549
Supported by : 동남보건대학교