- Volume 15 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
Parents' recognition and attitudes toward national health insurance coverage of sealant by dental hygienist
치아홈메우기의 건강보험 급여화와 치과위생사 시술에 대한 학부모의 인식 및 태도
- Received : 2015.09.08
- Accepted : 2015.12.23
- Published : 2015.12.30
Objectives: The purpose of this study was to investigate parents' recognition and attitudes toward national health insurance coverage of sealant by the dental hygienists. Methods: A self-reported questionnaire was filled out by 329 elementary school children parents in G metropolitan city and N city from July 11 to 27, 2015. The questionnaire consisted of general characteristics of the subjects, recognition and attitudes toward national health insurance coverage of sealant and sealant by the dental hygienist, and recognition toward national health insurance. The data were analyzed by a descriptive analyses, multiple regression and logistic regression analysis using SPSS 12.0 program. Results: Recognition of national health insurance coverage was 2.52 times higher in high school and 4.97 times higher in recognition toward purpose of sealant. Factor affecting recognition of national health insurance was subscription of private health insurance, recognition of sealant treatment by dental hygienist (DH) and recognition of national health insurance coverage of sealant. Attitude toward sealant treatment by DH was positive in experience of sealant, recognition of sealant treatment by DH and experience of sealant treatment by DH. Factor affecting satisfaction on the sealant by DH was recognition of sealant treatment by DH and recognition of purpose of sealant. Conclusions: To increase national health insurance coverage of sealant, it is necessary to expand positive public relations of sealant by the dental hygienist.
dental hygienist;national health insurance coverage;parents;recognition and attitudes;sealant
- Choi WC. Reasons for extraction of permanent teeth among primary dental consumers in metropolitan area of Korea [Doctoral dissertation]. Seoul; Univ. of Seoul National, 1999.
- Ahovuo-Saloranta A, Forss H, Walsh T, Hiiri A, Nordblad A, Makela M, et al. Sealants for preventing dental decay in the permanent teeth. Cochrane Database Syst Rev 2013; 3: 1-31.
- Kim JH, Hwang JM, Seong JM, Park YD. Awareness and needs about national health insurance coverage of pit and fissure sealants of dental service providers and consumers in the metropolitan area. J Korean Acad Oral Health 2009; 33(4): 608-16.
- Choi JS, Ma DS, Jung SH, Cho EP, Park DY. Changes in the amount of pit and fissure sealants supplied in Korea after inclusion in the National Health Insurance coverage. J Korean Acad Oral Health 2015; 39: 69-77. http://dx.doi.org/10.11149/jkaoh.2015.39.1.69. https://doi.org/10.11149/jkaoh.2015.39.1.69
- Korea Institute for Health and Social Affairs. 2007 report of oral health services. Seoul:Korea Institute for Health and Social Affairs; 2008: 92-4.
- Lee KH, Kim JY, Song JH, Kim YH, Im KU, Jeong SY. Present state and prospect of public dental health service for children and adolescents in Korea. J Korean Acad Pediatr Dent 2008; 35: 578-88.
- Ministry of Health & Welfare. 2006 Korean National Oral Health Survey. Seoul: Ministry of Health & Welfare; 2007: 205-7.
- Lee HJ, Bae KH. A change in the regional disparity based on the national insurance coverage of dental sealant in Korea. J Korean Acad Oral Health 2014; 38(3): 165-9. http://dx.doi.org/10.11149/jkaoh.2014.38.3.165. https://doi.org/10.11149/jkaoh.2014.38.3.165
- Kim SJ, Lee HJ, Kim YS, Jeon JK, Chang KW. The recognition and attitude of student's parents of elementary school on the sealant and its operation by dental hygienist's. J Korean Acad Oral Health 2012; 36(4): 323-32. http://dx.doi.org/10.11149/jkaoh.2012.36.4.323. https://doi.org/10.11149/jkaoh.2012.36.4.323
- Kang MJ. Perception of parents and dental hygienists on pit & fissure sealant for children and its national health insurance coverage[Master's thesis]. Gimhae: Univ. of Inje, 2012.
- Cho JY, Kim JW, Jang KT, Kim CC, Han SH, Lee SH. Evaluation of pit and fissure sealants retention between different operators using different isolation techniques. J Korean Acad Pediatr Dent 2003; 30(3): 415-22.
- Kwon HK, Kim BK, Lee YH, Kim KS, Cho BK, Choi CH. The estimation on the dentist total work of resource - based relative value scale. J Korean Acad Dent Health 2001; 25(2): 207-20.
- Kwon HK, Choi YH, Choi CH. The baseline study for insurance coverage of preventive treatment item on Korea National Health Insurance. J Korean Acad Dent Health 2002; 26(3): 271-81.
- Kim JH. Objective dental care unmet needs and associated factors: Implications for national health insurance benefit package. J Korean Acad Dent Insurance 2013; 4(1): 1-11.
- Health insurance policy institute. Geongangjungjin mich Jilbyeongyebang yeongyeokeseoui geongangbohem yeokhal seoljeong(Role set-up of national insurance coverage on domain of health care program on the health promotion). Seoul:Health Insurance Policy Institute. 2012; 91-149.
- National Health Insurance Corporation . Korea institute for health and social affairs. The 2013 Korea health panel Study. Seoul:National Health Insurance Corporation . Korea institute for health and social affairs. 2014; 314-29.
- Kim MK, Kim YH, Song JP, Lee MJ, Seong MG. Perception of parents on pit & fissure sealant for preschool children and its national health insurance coverage. J Korean Acad Dent Hyg 2013; 15(1): 33-44.
- Kim JK, Choi YS, Park YD. A recognition study on sealant health insurance service of parents of an elementary students in a metropolitan area. J Korean Acad Dent Health 2009; 33(4): 575-84.
- Lee KH, Kim JY, Song JH, Kim YH, Im KU, Jeong SY. Present state and prospect of public dental health service for children and adolescents in Korea. J Korean Acad Pediatr Dent 2008; 35(3): 578-88.
- Kim SM, Shin HS. The effect of economic factors on private health insurance enrollment and dental care utilization. J Korean Acad Oral Health 2015; 39(3): 161-7. http://dx.doi.org/10.11149/jkaoh.2015.39.3.161. https://doi.org/10.11149/jkaoh.2015.39.3.161
- Kim SM, Ahn E, Shin HS. How does private health insurance affect dental care utilization? J Korean Acad Oral Health 2014; 38(4): 203-11. http://dx.doi.org/10.11149/jkaoh.2014.38.4.203. https://doi.org/10.11149/jkaoh.2014.38.4.203
- Koen SG, Chung YI, Kim JB. Preventive treatment for dental caries. J Korean Acad Dent Health 1994; 18(1): 28-61.
- So MH, Kim SS. The effects of behavior of preventive treatment on job satisfaction in dental hygienist. J Korean Soc Dent Hyg 2011; 11(6): 951-9.
- Kim JS, Park HS. A study on knowledge and satisfaction with sealant in public oral health project. J Dent Hyg Sci 2005; 5(4): 227-31.
- Nam YO, Yoo JH. Education, certification system and extent of duty in dental hygienists of developed countries. J Korean Soc Dent Hyg 2014; 14(4): 453-62. http://dx.doi.org/10.13065/jksdh.2014.14.04.453. https://doi.org/10.13065/jksdh.2014.14.04.453
- Hwang JM, Han JH. Satisfaction of elementary school student's parents with the pit & fissure sealing program in some regions. J Dent Hyg Sci 2009; 9(4): 469-74.