- Volume 15 Issue 6
Objectives: The purpose of the study was to examine the influencing factors of oral health-related quality of life in adults. Methods: A self-reported questionnaire was completed by 300 adults in Seoul and Gyeonggido from June to July, 2015 by convenience sampling method. Except 19 incomplete answers, 281 data were analyzed by t test, one way ANOVA, Pearson's correlation coefficient analysis, and multiple linear regression analysis using SPSS 18.0 program. The questionnaire consisted of general characteristics of the subjects, health-related characteristics, whole body dry symptoms and subjective perception of dry mouth. The oral health-related quality of life was measured by Likert five points scale, and a higher score indicated a lower quality of life. Results: The oral health-related quality of life in adult varied by age, systemic diseases, oral health status, missing tooth, stress, decayed tooth, gingival disease. The oral health-related quality of life had positive correlations with the subjective perception of dry mouth and whole body dry symptoms. The subjective perception of dry mouth(
OHIP-14;oral health related quality of life;oral health status;subjective perception of dry mouth
Statistics Korea, e-national index. index look< society< health
- Song KH, Kim YS. A study on the evaluation quality of life in Korean Adults. J Korean Acad of Dent Hyg 2007; 9(1): 47-72.
- Ministry of health & welfare, Korea centers for disease control & prevention. 2013 Health behaviors and chronic diseases statistics. Seoul: Korea centers for disease control & prevention. 2014: 32-3.
- Palmore E, Lujkart D. Health and socialfactors related to life satisfaction. J Health Soc Behav 1972; 13: 68-80. https://doi.org/10.2307/2136974
- Yoon MH. Subjective oral health-related quality of life in adults who visited dental clinic. J Korean Acad of Dent Hyg 2010; 12(4): 327-37.
- Ju HJ, Oh HW, Lee HS. Impact of oral health literacy on oral health-related quality of life among adults. J Korean Acad Oral Health 2014; 38(4): 220-6. http://dx.doi.org/10.11149/jkaoh.2014.38.4.220. https://doi.org/10.11149/jkaoh.2014.38.4.220
- Park ES, Choi JS. The effect of health status on general quality of life and oral health related quality of life in the middle-aged adults. J Dent Hyg Sci 2012; 12(6): 624-33.
- Lee JY, Lee YO, Go HS. Reliability of a questionnaire for evaluation of dry mouth symptoms. Oral Medicine 2005; 30(4): 383-9.
- Yoon MH. Association between oral health and health-related quality of life in adults. [Master's thesis]. Seoul: Univ. of Korea, 2008.
- McGrath C, Bedi R, Gilthorpe MS. Oral health-related quality of life-view of the public in the United Kingdom. Community Dent Health 2000; 17: 3-7.
- Song KH. A study on the evaluation of health-and oral health-related quality of life in Korean adults. J Korean Acad of Dent Hyg 2008; 1(1): 39-57.
- Kim HN, Ku IY, Moon SJ. Correlation analysis of factors and the geriatric oral health-related quality of life in Gumi. J Korean Soc Dent Hyg 2012; 12(5): 1039-48. https://doi.org/10.13065/jksdh.2012.12.5.1039
- Wong MCM, Lo ECM, McMillan AS. Validation of a Chinese version of the Oral Health Impact Profile(OHIP). Community Dent Oral Epidemiol 2002; 30: 423-30. https://doi.org/10.1034/j.1600-0528.2002.00013.x
- Robinson PF, Gibson B, Khan FA, Birnbaum W. A comparison of OHIP 14 and OIDP as interviewers and questionnaires. Community Dental Health 2001; 18: 144-9.
- Park JH. Relationship between tooth loss and oral health related quality of life among the elderly population in Seongju, Korea. [Master's thesis]. Kyungpook: Univ. of Kyungpook National, 2008.
- Lee MF, Han GS, Han SJ, Choi JS. Impact of subjectively reported oral health status on the quality of life among adults: applying the PRECEDE model. Korean Journal of Health Education and Promotion 2011; 28(1): 23-35.
- Lee JY, Kim GP, Yu BC. Relationship between peridontal diseases and quality of life. J Korean Soc Dent Hyg 2013; 13(5): 835-43. http://dx.dio.org/10.13065/jksdh.2013.13.02.835. https://doi.org/10.13065/jksdh.2013.13.05.835
- Baker SR, Pankhurst CL, Robinson PG. Utility of two oral health-related quality-of-life measures in patients with xerostomia. Community Dent Oral Epidemiol 2006; 34(5): 351-62. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1600-0528.2006.00285.x
- Influence of self-control on stress management and oral health related quality of life in high school students vol.16, pp.2, 2016, https://doi.org/10.13065/jksdh.2016.16.02.269
Supported by : 수원여자대학교