- Volume 27 Issue 6
Purpose: This study was designed to construct a predictive model to explain quality of life of stomach cancer patients with gastrectomy. Methods: Data were collected from July 10 to August 30, 2013 through survey using self-reported questionnaires. A total of 218 patients with gastrectomy was recruited from three different hospitals. Outcome variables were exogenous ones (self efficacy and social support) and endogenous ones (depression, perceived health status, self care behavior, and quality of life). Results: Goodness-of-fit of the hypothetical model was
Quality of life;Self care;Depression;Health status
- Kim MY, Tae YS. Development and effects of a web-based self-efficacy promoting program on stomach cancer patients with gastrectomy. Journal of Wholistic Nursing Science. 2014;7:51-65.
- Jeong HY, Kwon MS. The effects on self-care knowledge and performance in the individualized education for chemotherapy. Journal of Korean Oncology Nursing. 2008;8(1):8-16.
- Kim SY. Predicting factors on self-care behavior in kidney transplantation patients. [master's thesis]. Seoul: Korea University; 2011.
- Lee IK, Choi JY. Relationship of body weight, anxiety, depression and quality of life in patients with radical gastrectomy according to perioperative period. Journal of Asian Oncology Nursing. 2014;14(4):212-20. http://dx.doi.org/10.5388/aon.2014.14.4.212 https://doi.org/10.5388/aon.2014.14.4.212
- Oh PJ. A structural model for health promotion and quality of life in people with cancer. Korean Journal of Adult Nursing. 1996;8(2):291-308.
- Sousa VD, Zauszniewski JA, Musil CM, McDonald P, Milligan SE. Testing a conceptual framework for diabetes self-care management. Research & Theory for Nursing Practice. 2004;18 (4):293-316. http://dx.doi.org/10.1891/rtnp.18.4.293.64089 https://doi.org/10.1891/rtnp.18.4.293.64089
- Satin JR, Linden W, Phillips MJ. Depression as a predictor of disease progression and mortality in cancer patients: A metaanalysis. Journal of Cancer. 2009;115(22):5349-61. http://dx.doi.org/10.1002/cncr.24561 https://doi.org/10.1002/cncr.24561
- Kang HS. Related factors on quality of life in male bladder cancer patients. [master's thesis]. Busan: Kosin University; 2008.
- Ministry of Health & Welfare, Korea Central Cancer Registry & National Cancer Center. Annual report of cancer statistics in Korea in 2012. Seoul: Ministry of Health & Welfare. 2014. December.
- Yun HM, Kim KY, Lee TY, Kim HJ, Kim KH, Kim DK. The factors affecting health promotion behavior among stomach cancer patients. Journal of Korea Academia-Industrial Cooperation Society. 2011;12(10):4513-22. http://dx.doi.org/10.5762/kais.2011.12.10.4513 https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2011.12.10.4513
- Kim JH. Influencing factors on depression in stomach cancer patients receiving. Korean Journal of Adult Nursing. 2012;24(6):588-96. http://dx.doi.org/10.7475/kjan.2012.24.6.588 https://doi.org/10.7475/kjan.2012.24.6.588
- Kim KH, Chung BY, Kim GD, Byun HS. Cognitive function in breast cancer patients receiving adjuvant chemotherapy. Journal of Asian Oncology Nursing. 2009;9(1):52-9.
- Ferrans CE, Zerwic JJ, Wilbur J, Larson JL. Conceptual model of health-related quality of life. Journal of Nursing Scholarship. 2005;37(4):336-42. http://dx.doi.org/10.1111/j.1547-5069.2005.00058.x https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1547-5069.2005.00058.x
- Kim HW, Choi SM. Structural equation modeling on quality of life in pre-dialysis patients with chronic kidney disease. Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing. 2012;42(5):699-708. http://dx.doi.org/10.4040/jkan.2012.42.5.699 https://doi.org/10.4040/jkan.2012.42.5.699
- Ko MS, Kim TS, Min S, Park JS, Yeom YH, Yun SH, et al. Introduction to nursing. 3rd ed. Seoul: Soomoonsa; 2011.
- Lee EO, Park HA, Kwon IG. Effect of discharge education of program of stomach cancer patient on patient's and caregiver's coping and quality of life. Korean Journal of Adult Nursing. 1996;6(2):308-23.
- Moon SB. Basic concepts and applications of structural equation modeling: with AMOS 17.0. Seoul: Hakjisa; 2009.
- Tae YS. A study on the correlation between perceived social support and depression of the cancer patients. [master's thesis]. Seoul: Ewha Womans University; 1986.
- Cancer Net Podcast. Cancer and depression [Internet]. Alexandria: American Society of Clinical Oncology 2014 [cited 2014 April]. Available from: http://www.cancer.net/coping-with-cancer/managing-emotions/depression
- Chon KK, Choi SC, Yang GC. Integrated adaptation of CES-D in Korea. Korean Journal of Health Psychology. 2001;6(1):59-76.
- Orem DE. Nursing concepts of practice. 5th ed. St. Louis: Mosby; 1995.
- Lee EH. Development and psychometric evaluation of a quality of life scale for Korean patients with cancer (C-QOL). Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing. 2007;37(3):324-33. https://doi.org/10.4040/jkan.2007.37.3.324
- Lee EO, Eom AY, Song RY, Chae YR, Lam P. Factors influencing quality of life in patients with gastrointestinal neoplasms. Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing. 2008;38(5):649-55. http://dx.doi.org/10.4040/jkan.2008.38.5.649 https://doi.org/10.4040/jkan.2008.38.5.649
- Andrews DR, Richard D, Aroian K. Factor structure of the Denyes self care practice instrument (DSCPI-90(C)). Western Journal of Nursing Research. 2009;31(6):799-811. http://dx.doi.org/10.1177/0193945909337726 https://doi.org/10.1177/0193945909337726
- Somerset W, Stout SC, Miller AH, Musselman D. Breast cancer and depression. Journal of Oncology. 2004;18(8):1021-34.
- Bultz BD, Carlson LE. Emotional distress: the sixth vital signfuture directions in cancer care. Journal of PsychoOncology. 2006;15(2):93-5. http://dx.doi.org/10.1002/pon.1022 https://doi.org/10.1002/pon.1022
- Chae YR. Relationships of perceived health status, depression, and quality of life of breast cancer survivors. Korean Journal of Adult Nursing. 2005;17(1):119-27.
- Kim EM, Kim KS. A structural model on quality of life for recipients of liver transplants. Journal of Korean Academy of Fundamental Nursing. 2007;14(3):340-50.
- Shin IS, Han SS. A study on cancer patients' quality of life, perceived health status and susceptibility.severity for cancer recurrence. Journal of East-West Nursing Research. 2005;11(2):146-54.
- Salonen P, Tarkka MT, Kellokumpu-Lehtinen PL, Koivisto AM, Aalto P, Kaunonen M. Effect of social support on changes in quality of life in early breast cancer patients: a longitudinal study. Scandinavian Journal of Caring Sciences. 2012;27(2):396-405.
- Factors Influencing on Resilience of Elderly Gastric Cancer Patients vol.17, pp.3, 2017, https://doi.org/10.5388/aon.2017.17.3.170
- Distress and Quality of Life among Elderly Patients with Gastric Cancer: The Mediating Effect of Social Support vol.29, pp.5, 2017, https://doi.org/10.7475/kjan.2017.29.5.536