- Volume 7 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
A Speech Waveform Forgery Detection Algorithm Based on Frequency Distribution Analysis
음성 주파수 분포 분석을 통한 편집 의심 지점 검출 방법
- Received : 2015.12.03
- Accepted : 2015.12.19
- Published : 2015.12.31
We propose a speech waveform forgery detection algorithm based on the flatness of frequency distribution. We devise a new measure of flatness which emphasizes the local change of the frequency distribution. Our measure calculates the sum of the differences between the energies of neighboring frequency bands. We compare the proposed measure with conventional flatness measures using a set of a large amount of test sounds. We also compare- the proposed method with conventional detection algorithms based on spectral distances. The results show that the proposed method gives lower equal error rate for the test set compared to the conventional methods.
forgery detection;frequency distribution;spectral distance
- Hicsonmez, S., Husrev T. S., and Ismail V. (2011). Audio codec identification through payload sampling, Information Forensics and Security (WIFS), 2011 IEEE International Workshop on. IEEE.
- Baek, R. S., Kim, K. W., So, B. M., Yang, I. H., Kim, M. J., Heo, H. S. & Yu, H. J. (2012). The Transmission Channel Identification of Digital Speech Data Using GMM, Proceedings of the 2012 Fall Conference of the Korean Society of Speech Sciences. (백록선, 김경화, 소병민, 양일호, 김명재, 허희수, 유하진. (2012). GMM을 사용한 디지털 음성 데이터의 전송 채널 식별, 한국음성학회 가을 학술대회 발표논문집.)
- Kim, I. W., Yang, I. H., Kim, M. J., Heo, H. S., Yoon, S. H. & Yu, H. J. (2015). Audio Codec Identification Based on DNN, Proceedings of the 2015 Fall Conference of the Acoustic Society of Korean. (김인화, 양일호, 김명재, 허희수, 윤성현, 유하진, (2015). 심층 신경만 기반의 오디오 코덱 식별, 한국음향학회 추계학술대회 발표논문집)
- Cooper, A. J. (2010). Detecting butt-spliced edits in forensic digital audio recordings, Audio Engineering Society Conference: 39th International Conference: Audio Forensics: Practices and Challenges. Audio Engineering Society.
- Jayant, N. S. & Noll, P. (1984). Digital Coding of Waveforms, Englewood Cliffs, NJ: Prentice-Hall.
- Johnston, J. D., (1988). Transform coding of audio signals using perceptual noise criteria, IEEE J. Select. Areas Commun. vol. 6, 314-323. https://doi.org/10.1109/49.608
- Balian, R. (2004). Entropy, a Protean concept, In Dalibard, Jean. Poincare Seminar 2003: Bose-Einstein condensation-entropy. Basel: Birkhauser, 119-144.
- Brixen, E. B. (2007). Techniques for the authentication of digital audio recording, Audio Engineering Society Convention 122.
- Ojowu, O. (2012). ENF extraction from digital recordings using adaptive techniques and frequency tracking, Information Forensics and Security. Vol. 7, 1330-1338. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIFS.2012.2197391
- Grigoras, C. (2009). Applications of ENF analysis in forensic authentication of digital audio and video recording, Journal of the Audio Engineering Society. Vol. 57, Issue 9, 643-661.
- Nicolade, D. P. & Apolinario, J. A. (2009). Evaluating digital audio authenticity with spectral distances and ENF phase change, in proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Acoustics, Speech, and Signal Processing, 1417-1420.