- Volume 32 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
The awareness of "School Environmental Sanitation and Cleanup Zone System" and harmful perception by shops among students, teachers and parents in Korea
학생, 교사와 학부모의 학교환경위생정화구역의 인지도 및 업소별 유해인식도
- Received : 2015.10.17
- Accepted : 2015.12.21
- Published : 2015.12.31
Objectives: This study was conducted to determine the status of the awareness of "school environmental sanitation and cleanup zone system" and to identify the level of harmful perception by shops. Methods: The survey was conducted using a self-administered questionnaire method online via the homepage of the education ministry's student health information center. A total of 293 schools (126 primary schools, 62 middle schools, and 45 high schools) was selected by using a stratified probability sampling. Results: Some 32.1% of all subjects knew the law of school environmental sanitation and cleanup zone system. The mean of harmful perception was 3.01 (very harmful: 4, harmful: 3, little harmful: 2, no harmful: 1). Regarding the types of high level of harmful perception of shops, adult good shops (3.53), hostess bar (3.52), karaoke bar (3.47), Cigarette vending machines (3.47), Adult only theater (3.47) and Phone sex room (3.37) were high. Singing room (2.29), dance school (2.45), tourist hotel (2.58), comic room (2.59), mini game console (2.66), hotel (2.77), billiard hall (2.81), PC room (2.83) were relatively low in the level of harmful perception. Conclusions: National government-level management and supervision will be necessary to prevent adolescent access to harmful shops.
harmful perception;school environment;school environmental sanitation and cleanup zone system
- Kim, J. O., & Seong, Y. E. (2006). A study on the influence between noxious environment and juvenile delinquency. Journal of Korea Association of Criminal psychology, 2(2), 203-225.
- Kim, M. C., & Yoon, O. K. (2001). Visit to entertainment shops and delinquent experience of youths in Korea. Journal of Korea Youth Research Association, 8(1), 99-116.
- Kim, Y. I., & Cha, J. I. (2007). Youth's contacting and spreading channels of harmful facilities' risk factors. Korean Journal of Youth Studies, 14(2), 187-211.
- Lea, E. K., Jee, S. H., Lee, J. E., Choi, S. M., & Jung, C. S. (2003). A study for the development of the Korean youth deliquency risk-factor and protective-factor scale. The Korea Journal of Youth Counseling, 11(2), 57-70.
- Lee, E. H., & Nam, S. J. (2006). The self concept of adolescent consumers and the evaluation and experience of adolescent entry into harmful place. Family and Environment Research, 44(2), 25-36.
- Sohn, A. (2010). The relationship with tobacco use, alcohol consumption and sexual behavior among adolescents in Seoul city. Journal of Korean Alcohol Science, 11(1), 77-87.
- Sohn, A. (2014). Characterizing patterns of experience of harmful shops among adolescents using decision tree models. Korean Journal of Health Education and Promotion, 31(3), 15-26.
- Sohn, A., & Ko, S. D. (2011). Drinking behavior and factors that affects problem drinking among Korean female high-school students. Journal of Korean Alcohol Science, 12(2), 155-162.
- Kim, E. J. (2007). A survey of recognition of school environment hygiene purification zones. The Journal of the Korean society of school health, 20(2), 69-80.
- Kim, J., & Sohn, A. (2014). Smoking and alcohol drinking related to experience of harmful shops among Korean adolescents. Osong Public Health Res Perspect, 5(3), 138-147. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.phrp.2014.04.005
- Sohn, A., & Park, E. J. (2013). Future direction of school environmental sanitation and cleanup zone system. [Future Direction of School Environmental Sanitation and Cleanup Zone System]. Health and Social Science, 33, 221-242.
- Sohn, A., Yang, M. Y., & Jung, M. K. (2010). The family affluence scale and drinking behavior among high school Korean students. Journal of Korean Alcohol Science, 13(2), 131-146.
- Yoon, O. K. (2008). A study on the causes of juvenile delinquency: Comparing relative effects of the individual, family, school, community contexts. Correction Review, 38, 107-138.
- Lee, M., & Sohn, A. (2000). A study of the development of school environmental sanitation and cleanup zone System. Ewha Womens' University.
- KEDI. (2010) A study of the development of school environmental sanitation and cleanup zone System. Korea Education Development Institute.