- Volume 21 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Design and Implementation of IoT-Based Intelligent Platform for Water Level Monitoring
IoT 기반 지능형 수위 모니터링 플랫폼 설계 및 구현
- Park, Jihoon (Department of Landscape Architecture and Rural System Engineering, Seoul National University) ;
- Kang, Moon Seong (Department of Rural Systems Engineering, Seoul National University, Research Institute for Agricultural and Life Sciences, Seoul National University, Institute of Green Bio Science and Technology, Seoul National University) ;
- Song, Jung-Hun (Department of Landscape Architecture and Rural System Engineering, Seoul National University) ;
- Jun, Sang Min (Department of Landscape Architecture and Rural System Engineering, Seoul National University)
- 박지훈 (서울대학교 생태조경.지역시스템공학부) ;
- 강문성 (서울대학교 조경.지역시스템공학부, 서울대학교 농업생명과학연구원, 서울대학교 그린바이오과학기술연구원) ;
- 송정헌 (서울대학교 생태조경.지역시스템공학부) ;
- 전상민 (서울대학교 생태조경.지역시스템공학부)
- Received : 2015.11.15
- Accepted : 2015.12.22
- Published : 2015.12.30
The main objective of this study was to assess the applicability of IoT (Internet of Things)-based flood management under climate change by developing intelligent water level monitoring platform based on IoT. In this study, Arduino Uno was selected as the development board, which is an open-source electronic platform. Arduino Uno was designed to connect the ultrasonic sensor, temperature sensor, and data logger shield for implementing IoT. Arduino IDE (Integrated Development Environment) was selected as the Arduino software and used to develop the intelligent algorithm to measure and calibrate the real-time water level automatically. The intelligent water level monitoring platform consists of water level measurement, temperature calibration, data calibration, stage-discharge relationship, and data logger algorithms. Water level measurement and temperature calibration algorithm corrected the bias inherent in the ultrasonic sensor. Data calibration algorithm analyzed and corrected the outliers during the measurement process. The verification of the intelligent water level measurement algorithm was performed by comparing water levels using the tape and ultrasonic sensor, which was generated by measuring water levels at regular intervals up to the maximum level. The statistics of the slope of the regression line and
Supported by : 한국연구재단
- Arduino, 2015, https://www.arduino.cc/en/Guide/Introduction, Accessed 15 Dec. 2015.
- Baek, S.H. and Kim, Y.H., 2010, Design of multi position tracking system using ultrasonic sensor module, Proceedings of Symposium on Ultrasonic Electronics 31: 479-480.
- Cha, D.W. and Jin, Y.H., 2015, Hyper-connected era, future of the sharing economy and Internet of Things, Seoul:Hans Media.
- Cheng, C.-L., Shalabh, and Garg, G., 2014, Coefficient of determination for multiple measurement error models, Journal of Multivariate Analysis 126: 137-152. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jmva.2014.01.006
- Ferdoush, S. and Li, X., 2014, Wireless sensor network system design using Raspberry Pi and Arduino for environmental monitoring applications, Procedia Computer Science 34: 103-110. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.procs.2014.07.059
- International Telecommunication Union (ITU), 2005, The Internet of Things-ITU internet reports, 1-8.
- IPCC, 2014, Climate Change 2014: Impacts, Adaptation, and Vulnerability. Part A: Global and Sectoral Aspects. Contribution of Working Group II to the Fifth Assessment Report of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change, Cambridge and New York: Cambridge University Press.
- Jeong, Y., Park, H.S., Kim, B.H., and Kim, Y., 2013, Combined filtering model using voting rule and median absolute deviation for travel time estimation, Journal of the Korea Institute of Intelligent Transport Systems 12(6): 10-21. https://doi.org/10.12815/kits.2013.12.6.010
- Kanarachos, S. and Kanarachos, A., 2015, Intelligent road adaptive suspension system design using an experts' based hybrid genetic algorithm, Expert Systems with Applications 42: 8232-8242. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.eswa.2015.06.047
- Korea Institute of Civil Engineering and Building Technology (KICT), 2004, Technology for surface water resources investigation, 1483-1501.
- Larue, G.S., Kim, I., Rakotonirainy, A., Haworth, N.L., and Ferreira, L., 2015, Driver's behavioural changes with new intelligent transport system interventions at railway level crossings-A driving simulator study, Accident Analysis and Prevention 81: 74-85. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.aap.2015.04.026
- Miles, J., McKenzie, F., and Keen, K., 2011, The intelligent transport systems (its) practitioners' guide to EUROPE, 9-14, London: RTI Focus (UK) Ltd.
- Moriasi, D.N., Arnold, J.G., Van Liew, M.W., Bingner, R.L., Harmel, R.D., and Veith, T.L., 2007, Model evaluation guidelines for systematic quantification of accuracy in watershed simulations, Transactions of the ASABE 50(3): 885-900. https://doi.org/10.13031/2013.23153
- National Disaster Information Center (NDIC), 2015, Http://www.safekorea.go.kr, Accessed 21 Jul. 2015.
- NIC and SRI Consulting, 2008, Disruptive civil technologies: six technologies with potential impacts on US interests out to 2025, 27-31.
- Saunders, L.J., Russell, R.A., and Crabb, D.P., 2012, The coefficient of determination: what determines a useful R2 statistic?, Investigative Ophthalmology & Visual Science October 53: 6830-6832. https://doi.org/10.1167/iovs.12-10598
- United Nations International Strategy for Disaster Reduction (UNISDR), 2015, Http://www.unisdr.org, Accessed 21 Jul. 2015.
- World Economic Forum (WEF), 2012, The Global Information Technology Report 2012 Living in a Hyperconnected World, 3-4.
- Yue, W., Guo, G., Wang, L., and Wang, W., 2015, Nonlinear platoon control of Arduino cars with range-limited sensors, International Journal of Control 88(5): 1037-1050.