- Volume 31 Issue 12
DOI QR Code
A Sensitivity Analysis for the Geotechnical Parameters Estimation of a Ground around a Granular Compaction Pile
쇄석다짐말뚝 주변지반의 지반정수산정을 위한 민감도 분석
Han, Yushik;Choi, Yongkyu
- Received : 2015.05.12
- Accepted : 2015.08.27
- Published : 2015.12.31
The GCP (Granular Compaction Pile) for the improvement objective of soft ground has been frequently studied. However, these studies were the results deduced on the basis of the numerical analysis and the laboratory model tests, and there was no study method to apply the effects of the bulging failure of a flexible pile. In this study, the sensitivity of the load-settlement curves of the uniform and the tapered GCP dependant on the geotechnical parameters estimated from N value of standard penetration test (SPT) was analyzed. It was estimated reasonably that, in the very soft clay soil (N=3 or less), elastic modulus was 700~2000 kPa and Poisson's ratio was 0.40~0.48.
GCP (Granular Compaction Pile);Numerical analysis;Geotechnical parameters;Bulging failure;SPT (Standard Penetration Test);The sensitivity;Very soft clay
- ASTM D1143-81 (1994), Standard Test Method for Piles Under Static Axial Compressive Load, pp.1-11.
- Chun, B. S., Kim, W. C., and Jo, Y. W. (2004), "Comparative Study on the Prediction Method of Bearing Capacity for Single Stone Column", Journal of the Korean Geo-Environmental Society, Vol.5, No.1, pp.55-64.
- Das, B. M. (1984), Principles of foundation engineering, Brooks/Cole Engineering division, Monterey, Calfornia, pp.101-206.
- Hughes, J. M. O., Withers, N. J., and Greenwood, D. A. (1975), "A Field Trial of Reinforcing Effect of Stone Columns in Soil", Geotechnique, Vol.25, No.1, pp.31-44. https://doi.org/10.1680/geot.1918.104.22.168
- Lebeau, J. S. (2008), FE-Analysis of piled and piled raft foundations, Technical University of Graz, pp.7-22.
- Lee, M. H. (2004), A Study on the Load Support Mechanism and Stress Distribution Characteristic of Crushed-Stone Compaction Piles, Doctoral Dissertation, Pusan National University, pp.232-265 (In Korean).
- Midas NX (2013a), Getting Started, Midas Information Technology Co., Ltd., pp.1-112 (In Korean).
- Midas NX (2013b), Analysis reference, Midas Information Technology Co., Ltd., pp.1-259 (In Korean).
- Terzaghi, K., Peck, R. B., and Mesri, G. (1984), Soil Mechanics in Engineering Practice, John Wiley & Sons Inc., pp.21-22.
- Yang, H. J. (2012), A Study on The Behavior of Granular Compaction Pile using Static Load Test and Numerical Analysis, Master's thesis, Kyungsung University, pp.12-17, 45 (In Korean).