- Volume 14 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Numerical Analysis in Hydrograph Determination for Sluice Gate installed Levee
배수통문이 설치된 제방의 설계수위파형결정에 관한 수치해석
- Received : 2015.03.23
- Accepted : 2015.10.05
- Published : 2015.12.30
According to national regulations and its commentary, such as Rivers Design Criteria & Commentary (KWRA, 2009), Foundation Structure Guideline and its Commentary(MLTM, 2014 and KGS, 2009), the integrity evaluation of river levee includes slope stability evaluation of both riverside/protected low-land and piping stability evaluation with respect to foundation and levee body along with water level conditions. In this case the design hydro-graph can be the most important input factor for the integrity evaluation, however it is fact that the national regulations do not provide any proper determination methods regarding hydro-graph. The authors thus executed an integrity evaluation of sluice gate in levee by changing each hydro-graph factor, including rising ordinary water level, lasting flood water level, falling water level, and flood frequency, in order to suggest a determination method of reasonable hydro-graph. As a result, the authors suggested that at least over 57 hours of rising ordinary water level and over 53 hours of lasting flood water level should be considered for the design hydro-graph of sluice gate in levee at Mun-san-jae.
Levee;Integrity evaluation;Piping;Slope stability;Design Hydro-graph;Flood Event
- Ministry of Land, Transport and Maritime Affairs (2014), Foundation Structure Guideline, MLTM, Korea.
- Nakajima, H. (2003), River Levee, Kibodang Press, japan.
- National Emergency Management Agency (2013), Disaster Annual Report (2013).
- Ministry of Land, Transport and Maritime Affairs (2009), Nakdong River Restoration 23 area enforcement design, MLTM, Korea.
- Km, K. H., Yoon, K. S., Lee, J. W., Lee, S. J., Yeo, K. D., Cha, J. H., Lee, D. S., Hwangb, J. K., Kim, J. M., Choi, B. H., Oh, S. Y. (2004), Development of Advanced Technologies for Levees, Final Report, Korea Agency for Infrastructure Technology Advancement, pp.68-74.
- Kim, J. M., Kim, J. S., Oh, E. H., and Cho, W. B. (2014), "Numerical Analysis in Hydrograph Determination for Cohesive Soil Levee", Journal of Korea Society of Engineering Geology, Korea Society of Engineering Geology, Vol.30, No.4, pp.81-92.
- Korea Geotechnical Society (2009), Foundation Structure Guideline's commentary, MLTM, Korea.
- Korea Water Resources Association (2009), River Design criteria & Commentary, MLTM, Korea.
- Ministry of Construction (2000), Levee Design Guidelines, pp.221-245, Japan.
Supported by : Ministry of Land, Infrastructure and Transport (MOLIT)