- Volume 14 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Experimental study on usability of soil pavement using weathered granite soil and organic solidification agent
화강풍화토와 유기계 고화제를 이용한 흙포장의 사용성에 관한 실험적 연구
Hwang, Sung-Pil;Jeoung, Jae-Hyeung;Lee, Yong-Soo;Lee, Tae-Hyung
- Received : 2015.07.22
- Accepted : 2015.10.26
- Published : 2015.12.30
The method to replace asphalt and cement is needed to reduce the carbon emission on road. Polymeric material which is light and easy to handle while having complex function with less carbon emission would be highly effective when it replaced soil pavement containing cement. This study is intended to identify the usability of soil pavement containing organic solidification agent only through the field test. Pavement on bike trail still satisfied required bearing capacity coefficient in 3 months. Pavement after passing 1.6 bil units of bike through pavement acceleration test that simulated a long-term serviceability during a short-time still remained unaffected, demonstrating a long-term serviceability of soil pavement.
Organic solidification agent;Soil pavement;Long-term serviceability
- American Association of State Highway and Transportation Officials. (1986), AASHTO Guide for Design of Pavement Structures, AASHTO, Washington, D.C., pp.III-79-III-156.
- American Association of State Highway and Transportation Officials. (1998), AASHTO Guide for Design of Pavement Structures-Supplemental version, AASHTO, Washington, D.C., pp.1-22.
- Baek, J. E., Choi, J. S. and Kim, S. I. (2001), "Development of Estimation Procedure of Bedrock Depth for Flexible Pavement through Numerical Simulation of FWD Test", Journal of KSCE, Vol.21, No.5-D, pp.643-654.
- Epps, A. L. (2001), Performance prediction with the MMLS 3, WesTrack Report Number 2134-S. Texas Transportation Institute, pp.4.
- Hwang, S. P., Jeoung, J. H., Lee, Y. S. and Ryu, S. H. (2014), "Characteristics of Organic Polymer Soil Pavement Curing Condition", Journal of KGES, Vol.15, No.12, pp.35-42.
- Ju, J. W., Park, J. B., Ju, J. Y. and Lee, D. S. (2003), "Production of soil mixed pavement using hydronium", Journal of KSCE, Vol.23, No.4C, pp. 213-219.
- Ju, M. K., Yeon, K. S. and Yoshihiko Ohama. (2002), "Strength properties of SBR-modified concretes using ground granulated blast-furnace slag", Journal of KCI, Vol.14, No. 3, pp.315-320.
- Jung, H. S., Jang, C. H., An, B. J. and Chun, B. S. (2009), "A study on environmentally friendly soil pavement materials using weathered soil and inorganic binder", Journal of KGS, Vol.10, No.4, pp.25-31.
- Lai, J. S. (1986), Evaluation of Rutting Characteristics of Asphalt Mixes Using Loaded Wheel Tester. Project No. 8609, Georgia Department of Transportation.
- Lee, J. H. (2009), Materials characteristics of soil-cement pavement containing SBR latex, Master's thesis, Kyung Hee University, pp.9-12.
- Lee, Y. S., Jeoung, J. H., Yu, J. and Cho, J. W. (2010), "The strength characteristics of polymer-cement stabilization", Proc. of 2010 Conference on Korean Geoenvironment Society, Seoul, pp.468-471.
- Lee, Y. S., Jeoung, J. H., Park, E. H., Ryu, S. H. and Jo, G. T. (2012), Development of road subsoil stabilization technology using multi-complex polymer, KICT 2012-055, pp.33-36.
- Miller, T., K. Ksaibati, and M. Farrar. (1995). "Utilizing the Georgia Loaded-Wheel Tester to Predict Rutting". Presented at the 74th Annual Meeting of the Transportation Research Board, Washington, D.C.
- Ministry of Land, Infrastructure and Transport. (2009), Road construction standard specification, Seoul, pp(2-39).
- Ministry of Land, Infrastructure and Transport. (2015), Bicycle facilities Installation and care instructions, Seoul, pp.9-39.
- Ministry of Land, Infrastructure and Transport. (2015), Yearbook of road statistics, Seoul, pp.17.
- PWRI (2009), Soil pavement handbook, DaeSung, Japan, pp. 1-31.
- West, R. C., Page, G. C., and Murphy, K. H. (1991), Evaluation of the Loaded Wheel Tester, Research Report FL/DOT/SMO/91-391, Florida Department of Transportation.
- Williams, C. R. and B. D. Prowell. (1999), "Comparison of Laboratory Wheel-Tracking Test Results to WesTrack Performance", Presented at the 78th Annual Meeting of the Transportation Research Board, Washington, D.C.
Supported by : Ministry of Land, Infrastructure and Transport