- Volume 14 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Chloride Penetration Resistance and Flexural Behavior of Hybrid Organic Fibers Reinforced Concrete
유기계 섬유로 하이브리드 보강된 콘크리트의 휨 거동 및 염분침투저항성
Kim, Seung Hyun;Kang, Min Bum;Lee, Dong Wook
- Received : 2015.10.21
- Accepted : 2015.12.15
- Published : 2015.12.30
In this study, to understand mechanical characteristic of hybrid reinforced concrete by PVA-fiber 6 mm and PP-fiber 50 mm, which are organic fiber replaced macro-fiber with PP-fiber, four mixed Hybrid Organic Fibers Reinforced Concrete (HFRC) is compared with one mixed plain concrete without fiber reinforcement. Volume portion of the fibers are limited under one percent. The result presents that hybrid reinforcement of the organic fibers cannot maximize stiffness and ductility behavior of the steel fiber reinforcement. however, in comparison to plain concrete, it is confirmed that meaningful relation between toughness index and equivalent flexural strength with advanced ductility behavior. Also, in the case of concrete hybrid reinforced by organic fiber, when the volume portion of the fiber increases, ductility also increases. PP-fiber, which is macro fiber, has more effect on the flexural behavior of concrete than PVA-fiber, which is micro fiber, does. The result also shows that it decrease chloride penetration in chloride penetration test.
Hybrid Fiber Reinforced Concrete;Organic fibers;Ductility behavior;Toughness index;Chloride Penetration
- Arisoy, B. and Wu, H. C. (2008), "Material Characteristics of High Performance Lightweight Concrete Reinforced with PVA", Construction and Building Materials, Vol.22, No.4, pp.635-645. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.conbuildmat.2006.10.010
- ASTM C 1018 (2006), Standard Method for Flexural Toughness and First-Crack Strength of Fiber Reinforced Concrete (using beam with third-point loading), American Society for Testing and Materials.
- Betterman, L. R., Ouyang, C. and Shah, S. P. (1995), "Fiber matrix interaction in microfiber-reinforced mortar", Advanced Cement based Materials, Vol.2, No.2, pp.53-61. https://doi.org/10.1016/1065-7355(95)90025-X
- Kim, B. S., Kim, D. H., Lee, Y. D. and Lim, N. G. (2013), "The Mechanical and Chloride Penetration Properties of Concrete Mixed with Various Fiber PVA", Journal of the Architectural Institute of Korea : Structure & construction, Vol.29, No.11, pp.45-52.
- Korea Institute of Industrial Technology (2011), Study On The Hydraulic Sulfur Modified Cement Concrete, Seoul in Korea, pp.60-62.
- KS F 2566 (2014), Standard test method for flexural performance of fiber reinforced concrete, Korean Agency for Technology and Standards.
- Lawer, J. S., Zampini D. and Shah S. P. (2000), "Permeability of cracked hybrid fiber-reinforcedunder load", ACI Materials Journal, Vol.99, No.4, pp.379-385.
- Lawler, J. S. (2001), Hybrid Fiber Reinforcement in Mortar and Concrete, Ph.D Thesis, Department of Civil Engineering, Northwestern University, USA.
- Lee, D. W. and Kim, S. H. (2014), "A Study of Fiber Reinforced Concrete with Fiber Volume Fraction and Fiber Length", Proc. of KSCE, Daegu, pp.1533-1534.
- Lee, D. W., Kang, M. B. and Kim, S. H. (2015), "Ductility Behavior of Hybrid Concrete Reinforced with Organic Fibers", Proc. of KSCE, Gunsan, pp.69-70.
- NT BUILD 492 (1999), Chloride Migration Coefficient from Non-Steady State Migration Experiment, Nordtest, Finland.
- Yang, K. H. (2010), "Slump and Mechanical Properties of Hybrid Steel-PVA Fiber Reinforced Concrete", Journal of Korea Concrete Institute, Vol.22, No.5, pp.651-658. https://doi.org/10.4334/JKCI.2010.22.5.651
- Quan, C. X. and Stroeven, P. (2000), "Fracture Properties Concrete Reinforced with Steel-Polypropylene Hybrid Fibres," Cement Concrete Composites, Vol.22, No.4, pp.343-353. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0958-9465(00)00033-0
Supported by : Ministry of Oceans and Fisheries