- Volume 14 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Behaviour of geogrid reinforced model retaining wall in active failure state by execution of parallel movement
병진이동으로 인한 주동파괴 시 지오그리드 보강토 모델벽체의 거동
Lee, Kang-Man;Kong, Suk-Min;Lee, Dae-Young;Lee, Yong-Joo
- Received : 2015.09.02
- Accepted : 2015.12.17
- Published : 2015.12.30
Recently, there has been a string of negligent accidents for the retaining wall and slope. In order to measure the ground deformation for the MSE wall, the authors carried out the model test to assess behavioral characteristics of geogrid MSE walls in active failure state with different conditions of geogrid reinforcement. The models are built in the soil container box having dimension, 100 cm long, 90 cm height, and 10 cm wide. The reinforcement used in the model test is geogrid (polyvinyl chloride, PVC). Three geogrids are sized by
Model test;Geogrid;Numerical analysis;Surface settlement;MSE wall
- Cho, S. D., Ahn, T. B., Lee, K. W., and Oh, S. Y. (2004), "Model Test on the Behavior of Geogrid Reinforced Soil Walls with Vertical Spacing of Reinforcement Layers", Journal of Korean Geotechnical Society, Vol.20, No.5, pp.109-116.
- Das, B. M. (2009), Principles of Geotechnical Engineering, 7th Edition, Cengage learning, pp.302-303.
- Ghionna, V. N., Fioravante and Vicari, M. (2002), "Full Scale Test on a Retaining Wall with Non-uniform Reinforcements", proc. of Geosynthetics 7th ICG, Vol.1, pp.279-282.
- Korean geosyntheties society. (2010), Work about earth reinforcement, CIR, pp.34-36.
- Lee, I. M. (2014), Principles of Foundation Engineering, 1st Edition, CIR, pp.283-292.
- Leshchinsky, D. and Vulova, C. (2001), "Numerical Investigation of the Effects of Geosynthetic Spacing on Failure Mechanisms in MSE Block Walls", Journal of Geosynthetics International, Vol.8, No.4, pp.343-365. https://doi.org/10.1680/gein.8.0199
- Park, J. W. and Chun, B. S. (2012), "A Study on the Evaluation of Field Installation Damage and Strength Reduction Factor of Geogrid for Reinforced Retaining Wall", Journal of Korean Geo-Environmental Society, Vol.13, No.7, pp.5-12.
- Pinto, M. I. M. and Cousens, T. W. (1999), "Modelling a Geotextile Reinforced Brick-faced Soil Retaining Wall", Journal of Geosynthetics International, Vol.6, No.5, pp.417-447. https://doi.org/10.1680/gein.6.0159
- Plaxis. (2012), Plaxis 2D reference manual, Plxis, pp.16-17.
- Wong, K. S. and Broms, B. B. (1994), "Failure Modes an Model Tests of a Geotextile Reinforced Wall", Geotextiles and geomembranes, Vol.13, pp.475-493. https://doi.org/10.1016/0266-1144(94)90009-4
Supported by : Seoul National University of Science and Technology