- Volume 14 Issue 4
Recently, offshore wind farms are increasingly expected, because there are huge resource and large site in offshore. Jeju island has optimum condition for constructing a wind energy farm. Unlike the mainland, Jeju island has stratified structure distribution between rock layers sediments due to volcanic activation. In these case, it can be occur engineering problems in whole structures as well as the safety of foundation as the thickness and distribution of sediment under top rock layer can not support sufficiently the structure. One of the most obvious applications of the pressuremeter test is the solution of the problem of laterally loaded piles. A hyperbolic non-linear p-y criterion for rock is developed in this study that can be used in LPILE program, to predict the deflection, moment, and shear reponses of a shaft under the applied lateral loads. Finally, a comparison between the predicted and measured response at two different sites is shown to give an idea of the accuracy of the IFP method.
Laterally loaded pile;p-y curve;Pressuremeter test;Deformation modulus;Basalt rock
- Baguelin, F., Jezequel, F. F., and Shields, D. H. (1978), The Pressuremeter and Foundation Engineering, Trans Tech Publications, Clausthal, Germany.
- Briaud, J. L., Smith, T. D., and Meyer, B. J. (1983), "Using the Pressuremeter Curve to Design Laterally Loaded Piles." Proceedings of Annual Offshore Technology Conference, Vol.8, pp.495-502.
- Goodman, R.E., T.K. Van, and F.E. Heuze (1972), "Measurement of Rock Deformability in Boreholes", Proceedings, 10th U.S. Symposium on Rock Mechanics, American Institute of Mining, Metallurgical, and Petroleum Engineers, New York, pp.523-545.
- Heuze, F.E., (1984), "Suggested method for estimating the in-situ modulus of deformation of rock using the NX-borehole jack" Geotechnical Testing Journal, Vol.7, No.4, pp.205-210. https://doi.org/10.1520/GTJ10503J
- Heuze, F.E. and Amadei, B. (1985), "The NX-borehole jack: A lesson in trial and error", International Journal of Rock Mechanics and Mining Science, Vol.22, No.2, pp.105-112. https://doi.org/10.1016/0148-9062(85)92332-0
- Hughes, J. M. O., Goldsmith, P.R., and Fendall, H.D.W. (1979), Predicted and Measured Behavior of Laterally Loaded Piles for the Westgate Freeways Melbourne, Victoria Geomechanics Society, Australia, August 1979.
- Institut Francais du Petrole (1983), Recommended Practice for Application of Pressuremeter Test Result to Designing of offshore Foundation, Ref. 31763, Paris.
- Menard, L., Bourdon, G., and Gambin, M. (1969), "Methode Generale de Calcul d'un Rideau ou Pieu Sollicite Horizontalement en Fonction des Resultats Pressiometriques", Sols-Soils, No. 22/23.
- Robertson, P. K., Hughes, J. M. O., Campanella, R. G., and Sy, A. (1983), "Design of laterally loaded displacement piles using a driven pressuremeter." ASTM SPT Symposium, Design & Performance of Laterally Loaded Piles and Pile Groups.
- Robertson, P. K., and Hughes, J. M. O. (1986), "Determination of properties of sand from selfboring pressuremeter tests", The pressuremeter and its Marine Applications: Second International Symp., ASTM STP 950, Texas A&M University.
- Shuri, F.S. (1981), "Borehole diameter as a factor in borehole jack results", Proc. 22nd U.S. Symp. On Rock Mechanics, Cambridge, Massachusetts, pp.392-397, MIT Press, Cambridge.
- Smith, T. D. (1983), Pressuremeter Design Method for Signal Piles Subjected to static Lateral Load, Ph. D. Thesis Texas A&M University.
- Analysis of Lateral Behavior of Steel Pile embedded in Basalt vol.15, pp.1, 2016, https://doi.org/10.12814/jkgss.2016.15.1.001
Supported by : 한국산업기술진흥원