- Volume 14 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Development and Application of Backfill Material for Reducing Ground Subsidence
지반함몰 저감을 위한 하수관로 뒤채움재 개발 및 현장적용성 평가
Lee, Dae-Young;Kim, Dong-Min;Ryu, Yong-Sun;Han, Jin-Gyu
- Received : 2015.11.22
- Accepted : 2015.12.23
- Published : 2015.12.30
In this study, sewer backfill material was developed to prevent sewer damage and ground subsidence. Laboratory test was performed in the field of CA replacement ratio, accelerator type and replacement ratio and W/M. The compression strength of backfill material was 0.55~0.64MPa below in W/M 70% and 0.20MPa over W/B 80%. Ice block was used to simulate the ground cavity and subsidence caused by sewer damage in application study. The existing sand compaction and the new backfill material was comparative estimated in field. The ground settlement of cross section was 23.4cm and that of longitudinal section was 27cm in sand compaction section, but the ground had not sunk in backfill material section.
- ACI Committee 229 (1994), CLSM, ACI R-94.
- Chae, D. H., Kim, K. O., Shin, H. Y. and Cho, W. J. (2014), "Dynamic Characteristics of Liquidity Filling Materials Mixed with Reclaimed Ash", Journal of the Korean Geo-Environmental Society, Vol.15, No.4, pp.5-11.
- Cho, D. H. (2005), "Application of liquefied stabilization method using in-situ soil", Journal of the Korean Society of Civil Engineers, Vol.53, No.10, pp.119-125.
- Cho, D. H., Han, S. J., Kim, J. Y. and Kim, S. S. (2007), "A experimented study on the estimation of optimum mixing ratio and the behavior for backfill by the flowable material using surplus soil", Journal of the Korean Society of Civil Engineers, Vol.27, No.3, pp.175-184.
- Duncan, J. M. and Seed, R. B. (1986), "Compaction-induced Earth Pressures under K0-conditions", Journal of Geotechnical Engineering, Vol.112, No.1, pp.1-21. https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)0733-9410(1986)112:1(1)
- Kong, J. Y., Kang, H. N. and Chun, B. S. (2010), "Unconfined compressive strength and flow in controlled low strength materials made with coal ash", Journal of the Korean Geo-Environmental Society, Vol.26, No.1, pp.75-83.
- Lee, K. H., Kim, J. D., Hyun, S. C., Song, Y. S. and Lee, B. S. (2007), "Deformation behavior of underground pipe with controlled low strength materials with marine dredged soil", Journal of the Korea Society of Hazard Mitigation, Vol.7, No.5, pp.129-137.
- Ryu, Y. S., Han, J. G., Chae, W. R., Koo, J. S. and Lee, D. Y. (2015), "Development of Rapid Hardening Backfill Material for Reducing Ground Subsidence", Journal of Korean Geosynthetics Society, Vol.14, No.3, pp.13-20. https://doi.org/10.12814/jkgss.2015.14.3.013
- Seo, D. W., Kim, H. Y., Kim, K. M. and Chun, B. S. (2010), "Characteristics of plasticizer lightweight foamed concrete according to changes of mixing ratio", Journal of the Korean Geo-Environmental Society, Vol.11, No.4, pp.33-42.
- Seoul city (2014), Investigation of cause for road sinkage in Seoul city, Seoul, Korea.
- Thiansky, A. B. (1999), Sinkholes, West-Central Florida, U.S. Geological Survey, Tempa, Florida, pp.121-140.
- Tokyo Electric Power Company R&D Center (1996), Backfilling Method Using Slurry Material, Tokyo, Japan, pp.152-174.
- Won, J. P. and Lee, Y. S. (2001), "Properties of controlled lowstrength material containing bottom ash", Journal of the Korea Concrete Institute, Vol.13, No.3, pp.294-300.
- Understanding of Subsurface Cavity Mechanism due to the Deterioration of Buried Pipe vol.32, pp.12, 2016, https://doi.org/10.7843/kgs.2016.32.12.33
Supported by : Ministry of Environment