- Volume 3 Issue 4
Purpose. This study was to suggest an appropriate understanding and attitude toward the long-term senior recuperation insurance through examining the perception of the aforementioned system from the viewpoint of the elderly population. Methods. This study was conducted on 150 participants who were aged 65 years and over in a nursing hospital, a senior citizen center and participating social welfare programs in Gyeong Gi area. Researchers visited a nursing hospital, a senior citizen center, and a senior welfare center to organize times before conducting questionnaires after interviewing individual elderly participants. Results. The results are as follows: The probability of the long-term senior recuperation insurance implementation is higher amongst the younger participants, those with average health status and where the system is recognized by neighbors, relatives and/or family. The largest group of participants show only a moderate interest in the long-term senior recuperation insurance. The attitude toward using the long-term senior recuperation insurance system in the future is undetermined due to lack of awareness. Conclusions. Although the long-term senior recuperation insurance system is for all citizens, it is important to provide the correct information to the target audience, the elderly, and raise the awareness of the system so that they have access to the necessary services.
Elderly;Long-term senior recuperation insurance system;Senior citizen center
- Lee SG. A Study on the recognition on the long-term care insurance system in the area of the aged, Graduate School of Social Welfare, Daegu University, 2010:2-72.
- Sun WD., Kim CW., Lim HY., et al., Latest elderly long-term care insurance: current status and challenges, Seoul EIC, 2012:1-290.
- Lee KJ. Long-term care insurance for the elderly, knowledge community, 2012;2-544.
- Long term care insurance statistical yearbook, NHIS, 2015.
- Park HS. Legal problems of elderly long term care insurance and its improvement plan, Law Review, KLW, 2013;51:333-350.
- Kim YH., An JS. Stress, life satisfaction and service satisfaction of elderly and elderly family using long-term care service, advancing gerontological social welfare study, KOREAEA, 2015;57:161-189.
- Kim MY.Study on Problems and improvement of the long-term care insurance, Legislation Policy, Legislation, 2011;5(2):33-67.
- Lee JN. Analysis on service management of in-home care service agency for the elderly: focus on structure-process-outcome model, Journal of Korean social welfare administration, AOKSWA, 2012;14(4):141-164.
- Son CS. A Study on the long-term Care Insurance for the elderly, Korean Balanced Development Studies, Yeungnam regional development institute Yeungnam University, 2011;2(2):41-63.
- Kim CW. A study on the social aspects of the performance of the national long-term care insurance, Korean Social Welfare Research, Center For Social Welfare Research Yonsei University, 2013;34:273-296.
- Seo BK. A Study on problems and improvement of the long-term care insurance for the elderly, Graduate school of public Administration Chung-Ang University, 2010.
- Katheleen carey. Hospital length of stay and cost a multilevel modeling analysis, Journal of Health Service, 2002;48(6):86-89.