- Volume 19 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
Detection Performance Comparison of ADS-B and TCAS Using Simulation
시뮬레이션을 활용한 ADS-B와 TCAS의 탐지 성능 비교
So, Jun-Soo;KU, SungKwan;Hong, Gyo-young
- Received : 2015.10.06
- Accepted : 2015.12.22
- Published : 2015.12.30
In order to improve the performance of TCAS it should improve the performance of the sensor, which transmits a variety of information. In this paper, To improve the performance of the existing radar sensors such as being used in behalf of the next generation air traffic control system, ads-b the applied. In addition, ADS-B in a high precision by using information from the correction GPS system, SBAS assume would be able to apply an improved location accuracy for TCAS and analyzed TCAS and ADS-B. Played the simulation results, TCAS equipment receives the help of these ADS-B can calculate a CPA to determine the position of the aircraft in advance, and it was confirmed that it is possible to reduce the unnecessary RA operation, also, the pilot reduction and the workload, it has advantages such as fuel consumption and time associated with the reduced operation unnecessary RA was confirmed.
Traffic alert and collision avoidance system;Automatic dependent surveillance-broadcast;Mode S
- J. H. Go, A performance analysis on collision avoidance systems (TCAS and ADS-B), master's dissertation, Gyeongsang national university, Gyeongsangnam-do, Korea, Feb. 2009.
- Eurocontrol, "ACAS X - the future of airborne collision avoidance," NETALERT Newsletter issue 17, June. 2013.
- S. S. Lim, “A proposal for domestic implementation policy of next generation ACAS system,” The Journal of Advanced Navigation Technology, Vol. 18, No. 1, pp. 1-6, Feb. 2014. https://doi.org/10.12673/jkoni.2014.18.1.1
- K. Y. Hong, D. H. Kim, and K. R. Oh, “Study on the ADS-B operational effectiveness through flight test,” The Korea Institute of Military Science and Technology, Vol. 11, No. 2, pp. 137-145, June. 2007.
- D. W Burgess, S. I. Altman, and M. L. Wood, “TCAS: Maneuvering Aircraft in the Horizontal Plane,” The Lincon Laboratory Journal, Vol. 7, No. 2, pp. 295-312, 1994.
- Radio technical commission for aeronautics DO-242A, "minimum aviation system performance standards for automatic dependent surveillance-broadcast(ADS-B)," June. 2002.
- C. S. Sin, J. H. Kim, and J. Y. Ahn "Technical Development Trends of Satellite Based Augmentation System," Electronics and Telecommunications Trends, Vol. 29, No. 3, pp. 74-85, June. 2014
- Ministry of Land, Infrastructure and Transport, "A research of standard on improving the performance of an aircraft air collision avoidance system(TCAS-II)", Ministry of Land, Infrastructure and Transport, Sejong, Korea, Dec. 2012.
- RTCA SC-186, Minimum Aviation System Performance Standards for Automatic Dependent Surveillance Broadcast. RTCA Paper No. 007-98/TMC-308. Jan. 1998.
- RTCA SC-147, "Minimum Operational Performance Standards for Traffic Alert and Collision Avoidance System II (TCAS II) Airborne Equipment," RTCA/DO-185, Dec. 1997.
- Honeywell Aerospace, CAS 100 Traffic Surveillance System, Honeywell, 1944 E. Sky Harbor Circle Phoenix, AZ 85034, C61-0811-000-000, pp.1-4 Apr. 2008.
Supported by : 국토교통부