- Volume 19 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
Application of SIMC Based Quad-rotor Cascade Control by Using 1-axis Attitude Control Test-bench
1축 자세제어실험 장비를 이용한 SIMC 기반 쿼드로터 Cascade 제어기 적용에 관한 연구
Choi, Yun-sung;You, Young-jin;Jeong, Jin-seok;Kang, Beom-soo
- Received : 2015.10.16
- Accepted : 2015.12.23
- Published : 2015.12.30
This paper reports the single-input-single-output cascade control by using 1-axis attitude control test-bench for quad-rotor UAV. The test-bench was designed as a see-saw shape using 2 motors and propellers, and to enable changing the center of gravity with the center of gyration using ballast. The experiment was carried out by constructing a PID-PID controller having a cascade structure with the test-bench. The SIMC based PID gain tuning process, which makes PID gain tuning easy, was grafted to cascade control. To graft SIMC method, the system parameter estimation result was conducted with second order time delay model by using Matlab-Simulink. Gain tuning was conducted by simulating with estimated system parameter. In this paper, the conventional application of SIMC was conducted and improved application was proposed for improving stability at tuning process.
Cascade control;Quad-rotor;Simple internal model control;Unmanned aerial vehicle;1-axis test-bench
- S. Skogestad, “Simple analytic rules for model reduction and PID controller tuning,” Journal of Process Control, Vol. 13, No. 4, pp. 291-309, June 2003. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0959-1524(02)00062-8
- K. J. Astrom and T. Hagglund, Advanced PID Control, International Society of Automation, 67 TW Alexander Dr, Research Triangle Park, NC 27709, USA, pp. 373-377, 2006.
- R. G. Franks and C. W. Worley, “Quantitative analysis of cascade control,” Industrial & Engineering Chemistry, Vol. 48, No. 6, pp. 1074-1079, June 1956. https://doi.org/10.1021/ie50558a034
- G. K. McMillan, "Effect of cascade control on loop performance," in IEEE American Control Conference, Arlington; VA, pp. 363-368, 1982.
- R. Czyba and G. Szafranski, "Control structure impact on the flying performance of the multi-rotor VTOL platform - design, analysis and experimental validation," International Journal of Advanced Robotic Systems, Vol. 10, No. 62, Jan. 2013.
- B. Godbolt and A. F. Lynch, "A novel cascade controller for a helicopter UAV with small body force compensation," in IEEE Proceeding of American Control Conference, Washington; DC, pp. 800-805, June 2013.
- J. B. Song, Autonomous control of quad rotor and quad tilt prop UAV with SIMC-based cascade control, Ph.D. dissertation, Pusan National University, Busan, Korea, 2015.
- H. Bolandi, M. Rezaei, R. Mohsenipour, H. Nemati, and S. Smailzadeh, “Attitude control of a quad-rotor with optimized PID controller,” Intelligent Control and Automation, Vol. 4, No. 3, pp. 335-342, 2013. https://doi.org/10.4236/ica.2013.43039
- D. E. Rivera, M. Morari, S. Skogestad, "Internal model control. 4. PID controller design," Industrial & Engineering Chemistry Process Design Development, Vol. 25, No. 1, pp 252-265, 1986. https://doi.org/10.1021/i200032a041
- Application and Validation of Delay Dependent Parallel Distributed Compensation Controller for Rotary Wing System vol.44, pp.12, 2016, https://doi.org/10.5139/JKSAS.2016.44.12.1043
Supported by : 한국연구재단