- Volume 19 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
Integrated Air Traffic Simulations of Manned and Remotely Piloted Aircraft
유무인항공기 통합 시뮬레이션 연구
Oh, Hyeju;Park, Bae-Seon;Choi, Keeyoung;Lee, Hak-Tae;Jung, Hyun-Tae;Moon, Woo-Choon
- Received : 2015.10.29
- Accepted : 2015.12.16
- Published : 2015.12.30
With the rapid growth of technologies and demand of remotely piloted aircraft systems (RPASs), integration of such systems into the existing airspace is becoming an issue in many countries. To assess the impact of integrated operations of manned and remotely piloted aircraft (RPA), it is necessary to perform Human-in-The-Loop (HiTL) simulations of likely situations with an integrated simulation system. This paper defines several operational concepts for the integrated simulation. Several probable scenarios were developed including a traffic pattern at a small airport and an altitude maneuver at a route crossing. HiTL simulations were performed according to the developed scenarios. The simulation results are analyzed focusing on the impacts of different communication, safety, performance, and human machine interface (HMI) characteristics of RPA.
Human in The Loop;Manned/remoted piloted aircraft simulation;Remotely piloted aircraft system;Air traffic control;RPAS integrated operation
- Development report of integrated simulation system for verification of manned/unmanned aerial vehicle, Jun, 2015.
- S. B. Jo, H. J. Oh, K. Y. Choi, and H. T. Lee, "Development of simulator for validation of flight safety regulations of civil manned/unmanned aerial vehicle," in Spring Conference of The Korean Society for Aviation and Aeronautics, Korea Aerospace University: Korea, pp. 57-60, 2014.
- F Hafner, M Mahmoud, "A simple voice communication system for human-in-the loop air traffic control simulations", in Summer Computer Simulation Conference. Society for Computer Simulation International 2005, Cherry Hill: NJ, pp. 417, 2005.
- BSF Bussink, IJ Hoekstra, and IB Heesbeen. "Traffic manager: a flexible desktop simulation tool enabling future ATM research," in The 24th IEEE Digital Avionics Systems Conference 2005, Hatt Regency Crystal City; Washington D.C, Vol. 1, pp. 3-B. 2005.
- Prevot, Thomas, et al. "The airspace operations laboratory (AOL) at NASA Ames research center," in Proceedings of the AIAA Modeling and Simulation Technologies Conference, Keystone: CL, pp. 21-24, 2006.
- Dr. Marcus Johnson, Eric R. Mueller, "Characteristics of a Well Clear Definition and Alerting Criteria for Encounters between UAS and Manned Aircraft in Class E Airspace," in Eleventh USA/Europe Air Traffic Management Research and Development Seminar, Lisbon, Portugal, 2015.
Supported by : 국토교통부