- Volume 19 Issue 6
The Spatial information research institute of the LX Korea land and geospatial informatix corporation manages infrastructure for the LX global navigation satellite system (GNSS), which comprises 30 monitoring stations nationwide. Since 2014, it has conducted network real-time kinematic (RTK) tests using the master-auxiliary concept (MAC). This study introduces the infrastructure of LX GNSS and presents the results of a performance analysis of the LX RTK service. The analysis was based on a total of 25 cadastral topographic control points in Jeonju, Seoul, and Incheon. For each point, performance was measured over one observation, two repeated observations, and five repeated observations. The measurements obtained from LX MAC and the VRS of the National Geographic Information Institute were compared with the announced coordinates derived from cadastral topographic control points. As a result, the two systems were found to have similar performance with average error and standard deviation differing only by 1 to 2 cm.
LX GNSS permanent stations;Global navigation satellite system;Real-time kinematic;Positioning accuracy
- B. Park, D. K. Cha, J. M. Lee, and H. S. Lee: A study on efficiency improvement of GPS surveying, Cadastral Research Institute, Seoul, Yeongu 2011-01, 2011.
- S. G. Kang, J. Ha, W. S. Jung, J. M. Lee, and H. H. Kim, A study on effect analysis of error correction models for improvement of GPS positioning accuracy, Spatial Information Research Institute, Seoul, Gibon 2013-04, 2013.
- J. Ha, H. H. Kim, S. G. Kang, and W. S. Jung, A study on improvement and stabilization of LX GNSS network, Spatial Information Research Institute, Seoul, Gonganjeongboyen 2014-12, 2014.
- J. Ha, H. H. Kim, and J. B. Kim, "Establishment of LX GNSS network and accuracy analysis of Network RTK", The Journal of Korea Navigation Institute, Vol. 18, No. 6, pp. 546-554, Dec. 2014.
- K. D. Park, J. Ha, S. H. Kim, J. H. Won, H. I. Kim, J. Y. Lim, H. R. Kwon, J. B. Kim, and S. Y. Kim, A study on the crustal deformation of the Korean Peninsula, National Geographic Information Institute, 1-150074-000054-01, 2007.
- W. S. Choi, and H. H. Yoo, "Accuracy analysis of cadastral supplementary control points by using virtual reference station-real time kinematic GPS surveying-Focused on Geoje-city", The Journal of the Korean Society for Geospatial Information Science, Vol. 19, No. 4, pp. 65-70, Dec. 2011.
- J. S. Park, J. H. Han, J. H. Kwon, and H. S. Shin, "Accuracy analysis of FKP for public surveying and cadastral resurvey", Journal of Korea Spatial Information Society, Vol. 22, No. 3, pp. 23-34, Jun. 2014.