- Volume 19 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
Installation and Operation of a GPS Jammer Localization System
GPS 전파위협원 위치추적 시스템 구축 및 초기 운용
Lim, Deok Won;Lim, Soon;Chun, Sebum;Heo, Moon Beom
- Received : 2015.11.19
- Accepted : 2015.12.08
- Published : 2015.12.30
In this paper, results for an installation and operation of a GPS jammer localization system were analyzed. The jammer localization system was developed by Korea Aerospace Research Institute and it consists of 4 Receiver Stations, a Central Tracking Station, and a Monitoring Station. The system was installed at Incheon International Airport in November 2014; each Receiver Stations were installed at rooftop of buildings apart from 4km, and the Central Tracking Station and a Monitoring Station were installed at indoor. Results of the operation can be monitored through web-browser in real-time, Korea Aerospace Research Institute and Incheon International Airport Corporation are continuously monitoring them. So far, there is no jamming signal which affects GPS receivers around the airport, however, some abnormal signals were frequently received at Receiver Stations. Therefore, the characteristics of those signals were also analyzed in this paper.
Global positioning system;Jammer;Localization;Monitoring;Tracking
- S. Pullen and G. Gao, "The impact of uninformed RF interference on GBAS and potential mitigations," in Proceedings of 2012 International Technical Meeting of The Institute of Navigation, Newport Beach: CA, pp. 780-789, 2012.
- arstechnica, North Korea pumps up the GPS jamming in week-long attack [Internet]. Available: http://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2012/05/north-korea-pumps-up-the-gps-jamming-in-week-long-attack/
- The Korea Times, N. Korea still sending out GPS jamming signals against S. Korea [Internet]. Available: N. Korea still sending out GPS jamming signals against S. Korea
- US Department of Homeland Security (DHS), United States Positioning, Navigation, and Timing Interference Detection and Mitigation (IDM) Plan Summary [Internet]. Available: http://www.gps.gov/news/2008/2008-04-idm-public-summary.pdf.
- N. D. Weston, G. L. Mader, F. Marion and C. Schwarz, "Near real-time GPS interference detection system in the United States using the national CORS network," in Proceedings of the XXIV Federation Internationale des Geometres International Congress, Sydney: Australia, 2010.
- A. Brown, D. Reynolds, "Civil applications of the GPS jamming detection and location (JLOC) system," Presentations in National Physical Laboratory, 2010.
- GPS World, GAARDIAN project [Internet] Available: http://www.gps-world.biz/gaardian/index.php
- W. Dunkel and F. Butsch, "GNSS monitoring and information systems at Frankfurt airport," in Proceedings of the 13th International Technical Meeting of the Satellite Division of The Institute of Navigation, Salt Lake City: UT, pp. 773-783, 2000.
- V. Janssen, A. White and T. Yan, "CORSnet-NSW: Towards state-wide CORS infrastructure for New South Wales, Australia," in Proceedings of the XXIV Federation Internationale des Geometres International Congress, Sydney: Australia, 2010.
Grant : 재난예방 및 국민안전제고를 위한 위성기반위치추적 기술연구