- Volume 19 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
A Feasibility Study on Multiple DME Positioning Considering Time-Misaligned Range Measurements
시각 비동기 오차를 고려한 다중 DME 측위 적용 방안 연구
Choi, Kwang-Ho;Lim, Joon-Hoo;Yoo, Won-Jae;So, Hyoungmin;Lee, Hyung-Keun
- Received : 2015.12.01
- Accepted : 2015.12.17
- Published : 2015.12.30
This paper introduces the time-misalignment error between multiple range measurements acquired by an onboard distance measuring equipment (DME) interrogator and proposes an efficient position determination method that can mitigate the negative effects of the time-misalignment error. The introduced time-misalignment error does not occur in conventional utilization of DME combined with VHF omnidirectional range (VOR). The proposed position determination method projects all the DME range measurements acquired irregularly during an interval to the same time instance where the aircraft position is determined. By the simulation utilizing a representative aircraft trajectory, it is shown that it is possible to estimate the horizontal position accurately without any changes of ground DME facilities.
Multiple distance measuring equipment;Time-misalignment;Distance measuring equipment;VHF omnidirectional range;Time of arrival
- S. Lo, Y. H. Chen, P. Enge, B. Perterson, R. Erikson and R. Lilley, "Distance measuring equipment accuracy performance today and for future alternative position navigatioin and timing (APNT)," in Proceedings of the 26th International Technical Meeting of The Satellite Division of the Institute of Navigation, Nashville: TN, pp. 711-721, 2013.
- R. Lilley and R. Erikson, "DME/DME for alternate position, navigation, and timing (APNT)," APNT White paper, 2012.
- E. Kim, "Hybrid APNT architecture using DME/DME and multilateration," in Proceeding of 31st IEEE/AIAA Digital Avionics Systems Conference (DASC), Williamsburg: VA, pp. 5A5-1-5A5-10, 2012.
- S. Lo, B. Perterson, D. Akos, M. Narins, R. Loh and P. Enge, "Alternative position navigation & timing (APNT) based on existing DME and UAT ground signals," in Proceedings of the 24th Technical Meeting of the Satellite Division of The Institute of Navigation (ION GNSS 2011), Portland: OR, pp. 3309-3317, 2011.
- S. Lo and P. Enge, "Signal structure study for a passive ranging system using existing distance measuring equipment (DME)." in Proceedings of the 2012 International Technical Meeting of The Institute of Navigation, Newport Beach: CA, pp. 97-130, 2012.
- S. Lo, P. Enge and M. Narins, "Design of a passive ranging system using existing distance measuring equipment (DME) signals & transmitters," The Journal of the Institute of Navigation, Vol. 62, Issue 2, pp. 131-149, Summer 2015. https://doi.org/10.1002/navi.83
- V. Vitan, G. Berz and N. Solomina, "Assessment of current DME performance and the potential to support a future A-PNT solution," in Proceeding of 34th IEEE/AIAA Digital Avionics Systems Conference (DASC), Praque, Czech Republic, pp. 2A2-1-2A2-18, 2015.
- O. J. Kim, C. W. Kim, J. S. Song, Y. S. Kim and C. D. Kee, "The study of error sources for MOSAIC.DME system: a single station based positioning system for APNT," in Proceeding of 2014 IEEE/ION Position, Location and Navigation Symposium, Monterey: CA, pp. 855-863, 2014.
- International Civil Aviation Organization Asia and Pacific Office, Frequency List No.3 List of facilities in the band 117.975-137.000 MHz, 26th ed. December, 2012.
- M. Kayton, W. R. Fried, Avionics Navigation Systems, 2nd ed. Alexandria, VA: John Wiley & Sons, 1997.
- C. Spitzer, U. Ferrell and T. Ferrell, Digital Avionics Handbook, 3rd ed. Williamsburg, VA: CRC Press, 2014.
- A. Helfrick, Principles of Avionics, 7th ed. Lessburg, VA: Avionics Communications, 2010.
- G. Berz and J. Bredemeyer, "Qualifying DME for RNAV use," in 15th International Flight Inspection Symposium, Oklahoma City: OK, 2008. [Online]. Available: http://www.icasc.co/sites/faa/uploads/documents/resources/15th_int_flight_inspection_symposium/qualifying_dme.pdf.
Supported by : 국방과학연구소