- Volume 19 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
Beacon Signal Strength Analysis for Efficient Indoor Positioning
효율적인 실내 위치 측위를 위한 비콘 신호세기 분석
Hwang, Hyun-seo;Park, Jin-tae;Yun, Jun-soo;Phyo, Gyung-soo;Moon, Il-young;Lee, Jong-sung
- Received : 2015.09.20
- Accepted : 2015.12.09
- Published : 2015.12.30
Recent performed by recognizing a user's location, various services have been tailored focus on short-range wireless communication technology. A beacon in which is attracting attention as next-generation technology. Beacon is a terminal by utilizing the frequency of the non-audible area can not be bluetooth and human sending and receiving terminals and information, Apple recently iBeacon like a low-power Bluetooth (BLE; bluetooth low energy) based beacon showing a tendency to rise into the mainstream there. Services using a beacon is basically installs the terminal in a certain place indoor. It is characterized by providing the user the services to catch the user's position, even automatically take a separate action. Various types of location-based service provided by the target interior space began to attract attention. A variety of location-based services are provided in the interior space in order to be successfully deployed and provide guidance to the interior space, the movement route and the like are essentially required to build various types of information. In this paper, for efficient indoor positioning by varying the signal strength of the beacon in such areas were measured and analyzed.
Beacon;Bluetooth;Bluetooth low energy;Location-based services;Online to offline service
- C. P. Yoon and C. G Hwang, “Efficient indoor position systems for indoor location-based service provider,” Journal of the Korean Institute of Information and Communication Engineering, Vol. 19, No. 6, pp. 1368-1373, 2015. https://doi.org/10.6109/jkiice.2015.19.6.1368
- T. Y. Ka, S. W. Jo, J. H. Park, S. S. Shin and J. M. Chung, “Analysis of BLE beacon device's industrial trend and possible problem,” Korea Society for Internet Information, Vol. 16, No. 1, pp. 199-200, 2015.
- G. C. Lee, S. I. Kim and S. M. Hwang, "O2O sales platform using ICT and location-based technology," in 2015 Korea Computer Congress, Jeju; Korea, pp. 401-403, 2015.
- D. K. Kim, “O2O(online-to-offline) trends and implications,” Korea Information Society Development Institute, Vol. 26, No. 22, pp. 1-20, 2014.
- Y. J. Moon, H. C. Choi, Y. R. Jang and S M. Lee, "O2O web site design considering user's shopping values," in 2015 Korea Contents Society Spring General Conference, Busan; Korea, pp. 363-364, 2015.
- H. J. Kim and B. J. Choi, "O2O-based social media marketing method for word-of-mouth effect: Focused on the analysis of case studies," The Korea Contents Association, Vol. 15 No. 7, pp, 403-413, 2015.
Supported by : 중소기업청