- Volume 19 Issue 6
In this paper, we configure a Radio Frequency IDentification (RFID) gateway using an arduino and raspberry pi which are recent issues with a representative open source hardware. RFID technology is emerging as a key technology in a variety of environments as a technique to automatically identify objects using a radio frequency signal. In this paper, we propose a distributed RFID gateway for providing various communication methods and processing a large amount of RFID tag information efficiently, and to increase the scalability and middleware communication efficiency of the RFID reader. Existing RFID middleware systems have the problems that they should adhere the web service for interworking with a reader and the communication standard. Therefore, in this paper, we comprise our RFID gate to satisfy not only the serial communication configuration but also various digital signal processing standard so that it increases the communication efficiency of the middleware system.
RFID;Embedded system;Distributed gateway;Open source hardware
- Y. S. Noh, Y. C. Byun and D. C. Lee, “Load balancing for RFID middleware,” Journal of the Korea Institute of Information and Communication Engineering, Vol. 17, No. 10, pp. 2288-2293, Oct. 2013. https://doi.org/10.6109/jkiice.2013.17.10.2288
- W. Roy, "An introduction to RFID technology," Pervasive Computing IEEE, Vol. 5, No. 1, pp.25-33, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1109/MPRV.2006.2
- W. Griswold, M. Shonle, K. Sullivan, Y. Song, N. Tewari, Y. Gai and H. Rajan, "Modular software design with crosscutting interfaces," Journal of IEEE Software, pp.51-60, Jan./Feb. 2006.
- T. Riedel, C. Decker, P. Scholl, A. Krohn and M. Beigl, "Architecture for collaborative business items," Lecture Notes in Computer Science, Vol. 4415, pp.142-156, 2007.
- H. J. Ko, "Efficient resource allocation for data processing and communication in RFID Sensor Networks," Journal of Korean Institute of Information Scientists and Engineers, Vol. 36, No. 1, pp.184-187, Jun. 2006.
- K. O. Kim, K. K. Ban, S. Y. Heo and E. K. Kim, "Design and implementation of system for sensing data collection in RFID/USN," The Journal of The Korea Institute of Electronic Communication Sciences, Vol. 5, No. 2, pp.221-226, Apr. 2010.
- Y. J. Cho, K. S. Bok, M. H. Yeo and J. S. Yoo, "Efficient data management method," Journal of the Korea Contents Association, Vol. 9, No. 6, pp.25-36, Jun. 2009. https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2009.9.6.025
- J. Krikke, "T-Engine: Japan's ubiquitous computing architecture is ready for prime time," Journal of IEEE Percasive Computing, Vol. 4, No. 2, pp.4-9, Mar. 2005.
- S. Beier, T. Grandison, K. Kailing and R. Rantzau, "Disovery services-enabling RFID traceability in EPCglobal networks," in International Conference on Management of Data, Delhi: India, pp.214-217, 2006.
- N. W. Lo and K. H. Yeh, "An efficient mutual authentication scheme for EPCglobal class-1 generation-2 RFID system," Lecture Notes in Computer Science, Vol. 4809, pp.43-56, 2007.
- Y. M. Park and J. H. Park, "A study on the design of RFID/USN integrated middleware for effective event processing in healthcare environment," The Journal of Korea Information and Communications Society, Vol. 34, No. 12, pp.376-382, Dec, 2009.
- Y. S. Ahn and J. H. Ahn, "Design of mobile agent-based software module for reducing load of RFID middleware," Journal of Korean society for Internet Information, Vol. 10, No. 3, pp.95-101, Jun. 2009.
- W. Tsai, "Service-oriented system engineering: a new paradigm," in Proceeding of IEEE Service-Oriented System Engineering, Beijing; China, Vol. 1, No. 3, pp.3-6, 2005.
- E. Jaselskis and E. Tarek, "Implementing radio frequency identification in the construction process," Journal of Construction Engineering and Management, Vol. 129, No. 6, pp.680-688, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)0733-9364(2003)129:6(680)
- D. guinard, V. Trifa, S. Karnouskos, P. Spiess and D. Savio, "Interacting with the SOA-based internet of things: Discovery, query, selection, and On-Demand provisioning of web services," IEEE Transactions on Services Computing, Vol. 3, No. 3, pp.223-235, 2010. https://doi.org/10.1109/TSC.2010.3
- R. Fielding and R. Taylor, "Principled design of the modern web architecture," Association of Computer Machinery (ACM) Transactions, Internet Technology, Vol. 2, No. 2, pp.115-150, 2002.
Supported by : 금오공과대학교