- Volume 19 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
Compensation for the Distorted WDM Channels through the Dispersion-managed Optical Links with Non-midway Optical Phase Conjugator
Non-midway 광 위상 공액기를 갖는 분산 제어 전송 링크를 통한 WDM 채널의 왜곡 보상
- Received : 2015.10.27
- Accepted : 2015.12.24
- Published : 2015.12.30
The implementation possibility of the flexible optical network configuration using the non-midway optical phase conjugator (OPC) in the dispersion-managed (DM) optical link for wavelength division multiplexed (WDM) transmission is demonstrated in this paper. It is confirmed that the implementation possibility of flexible link configuration is more increased, as number of fiber spans is more bigger and the residual dispersion per span (RDPS) is more large. It is also confirmed that the non-midway OPC link, in which RDPS of the latter half transmission section (after OPC) is decided by the averaged RDPS of the former half transmission section (before OPC), has more advantage for the flexible network configuration.
Dispersion management;Optical phase conjugation;Non-midway OPC;Residual dispersion per span;Net residual dispersion
- G. P. Agrawal, Fiber-Optic Communication Systems, 3rd ed. New York, NY: Wiley, 2002
- M. Suzuki and N. Edagawa, "Dispersion-managed high-capacity ultra-long-haul transmission," Journal of Lightwave Technology, Vol. 21, No. 4, pp. 916 -929. 2003. https://doi.org/10.1109/JLT.2003.810098
- S. L. Jansen, D. van den Borne, P. M. Krummrich, S. Spalter, G.-D. Khoe, "Long-haul DWDM transmission systems employing optical phase conjugation," IEEE Journal of Selected Topics in Quantum Electronics., Vol. 12, No. 4, pp. 505-520, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1109/JSTQE.2006.876621
- X. Xiao, S. Gao, Y. Tian, and C. Yang, "Analytical optimization of the net residual dispersion in SPM-limited dispersion-managed systems," Journal of Lightwave Technology., Vol. 24, No. 5, pp. 2038-2044, May 2006. https://doi.org/10.1109/JLT.2006.872278
- A. R. Chraplyvy, “Limitations on lightwave communications imposed by optical-fiber nonlinearities,” Journal of Lightwave Technology., Vol. 8, No. 10, pp. 1548-1557, 1990. https://doi.org/10.1109/50.59195
- S. Watanabe and M. Shirasaki, "Exact compensation for both chromatic dispersion and Kerr effect in a transmission fiber using optical phase conjugation," Journal of Lightwave Technology, Vol. 14, No. 3, pp 243-248, 1996. https://doi.org/10.1109/50.485581
- A. Chowdhury and R.-J.Essiambre, “Optical phase conjugation and pseudolinear transmission,” Optics Letter, Vol. 29, No. 10, pp. 1105-1107, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1364/OL.29.001105
- S. R. Lee, “Effects of residual dispersion in half transmission section on net residual dispersion in optical transmission links with dispersion management and mid-span spectral inversion compensation characteristics of distorted WDM signals depending on distribution patterns of SMF length and RDPS,” Journal of Advanced Navigation Technology, Vol. 18, No. 5, pp. 455-460, 2014. https://doi.org/10.12673/jant.2014.18.5.455
- J. P. Chung and S. R. Lee, “Pseudo-symmetric link configuration in dispersion-managed WDM transmission system with optical phase conjugator,” Information, Vol. 17, No. 11B, pp. 5963-5968, Nov. 2014.
- G. P. Agrawal, Nonlinear Fiber Optics, 3rd ed. San Francisco:CA, Academic Press, 2001.
- N. Kikuchi and S. Sasaki, "Analytical evaluation technique of self-phase modulation effect on the performance of cascaded optical amplifier systems," Journal of Lightwave Technology, vol. 13, no. 5, pp. 868-878. 1995. https://doi.org/10.1109/50.387804