- Volume 19 Issue 6
Recently wireless data services have widely spread on various multimedia devices such as smart phones and tablets. Existing wired data services have been replaced by wireless data services using mobile devices. Especially domestic mobile devices supporting both Wireless-Fidelity (Wi-Fi) and long term evolution (LTE) services have increased steadily. While Wi-Fi network is provided free of charge, LTE network is offered to pay for. Therefore, mobile devices provide smart network switch to support both preferred Wi-Fi and LTE networks. However, such handover and roaming between Wi-Fi and LTE networks can cause data connection stop in spite of charged data services. This paper has proposed the method to overcome data connection stop for guaranteeing seamless data service during handover and roaming procedures between networks.
- H. Claussen, "Performance of macro-and co-channel femtocells in a hierarchical cell structure", in IEEE 18th International Symposium on Personal, Indoor and Mobile Radio Communications(PIMRC 2007), Athens: Greece, pp. 1-5, Sept., 2007.
- S. G. Lee and H. C. Bang, IMT-2000/CDMA Technology. Pa-Ju, PJ : Sehwa, 2001.
- TIA/EIA-98-D, Recommended Minimum Performance Standards for cdma2000 Spread Spectrum Mobile Stations, June, 2001.
- S. G. Lee, B. Y. Cho, and N. Y. Yeo, 3G/4G Mobile Telecommunication. Seoul, Korea: Hongrung Publishing Company, 2008.
- 3GPP TS 34.121, 3rd Generation Partnership Project; Technical Specification Group Terminals; Terminal conformance specification; Radio transmission and reception (FDD), Mar, 2003.
- Y. C. Oak, CDMA(Code Division Multiple Access). Seoul : Jin Han M&B, 2003.
- L. Dimopoulou, G. Leoleis, and I. O. Venieris,"Fast handover support in a WLAN environment: challenges and perspectives," IEEE Network, Vol.19, pp.14-20, 2005.
Supported by : 서일대학교