- Volume 31 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Evaluation of fitness in implant screw as tightening torque in dental laboratory
기공실에서의 임플란트 토크값에 따른 적합도 평가
- Song, Young-Gyun (Department of Prosthodontics, College of Dentistry, Dankook University)
- 송영균 (단국대학교 치과대학 치과보철학교실)
- Received : 2015.10.19
- Accepted : 2015.12.14
- Published : 2015.12.31
Purpose: The purpose of this study was to measure the tightening torque for dental implant in dental laboratory and to analyze of the effects of different tightening torque. Materials and Methods: The tightening torque for dental implant in dental laboratory were measured by digital torque gauge. The length of abutment and analog were measured as tightening torque of manufacturer's instructions and the measured value. And the data were statically analyzed. Results: The mean tightening torque of implant screw in dental laboratory was
Supported by : 단국대학교
- Artzi Z, Dreiangel A. A screw lock for single-tooth implant superstructures. J Am Dent Assoc 1999;130:677-82. https://doi.org/10.14219/jada.archive.1999.0277
- Schwarz MS. Mechanical complications of dental implants. Clin Oral Implants Res 2000;11:156-8. https://doi.org/10.1034/j.1600-0501.2000.011S1156.x
- Cavazos E, Bell FA. Preventing loosening of implant abutment screws. J Prosthet Dent 1996;75:566-9. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0022-3913(96)90464-3
- Kang YM, Lim JH, Cho IH. A study on the abutment screw loosening of dental implants. J Korean Acad Prosthodont 1996;34:1-14.
- Im SM, Kim DG, Park CJ, Cha MS, Cho LR. Biomechanical considerations for the screw of implant prosthesis: A literature review. J Korean Acad Prosthodont 2010;48:61-8. https://doi.org/10.4047/jkap.2010.48.1.61
- Dailey B, Jordan L, Blind O, Tavernier B. Axial displacement of abutments into implants and implant replicas, with the tapered cone-screw internal connection, as a function of tightening torque. Int J Oral Maxillofac Implants 2009;24:251-6.
- Siamos G, Winkler S, Boberick KG. Relationship between implant preload and screw loosening on implant-supported prostheses. J Oral Implantol 2002;28:67-73. https://doi.org/10.1563/1548-1336(2002)028<0067:TRBIPA>2.3.CO;2
- Maeda Y, Satoh T, Sogo M. In vitro differences of stress concentrations for internal and external hex implant-abutment connections: a short communication. J Oral Rehabil 2006;33:75-8. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-2842.2006.01545.x
- Khraisat A, Stegaroiu R, Nomura S, Miyakawa O. Fatigue resistance of two implant/abutment joint designs. J Prosthet Dent 2002;88:604-10. https://doi.org/10.1067/mpr.2002.129384
- Norton MR. An in vitro evaluation of the strength of a 1-piece and 2-piece conical abutment joint in implant design. Clin Oral Implants Res 2000;11:458-64. https://doi.org/10.1034/j.1600-0501.2000.011005458.x
- McGlumphy EA, Mendel DA, Holloway JA. Implant screw mechanics. Dent Clin North Am 1998;42:71-89.
- Burguete RL, Johns RB, King T, Patterson EA. Tightening characteristics for screwed joints in osseointegrated dental implants. J Prosthet Dent 1994;71:592-9. https://doi.org/10.1016/0022-3913(94)90443-X
- Choi JH, Yang JH, Cho WP, Lee JB. The influence of abutment screw length and repeated tightening on screw loosening in dental implant. J Korean Acad Prosthodont 2006;44:432-42.
- Joo YH, Lee JH. A study on accuracy and application of the implant torque controller used in dental clinic. J Korean Acad Prosthodont 2011;49:197-205. https://doi.org/10.4047/jkap.2011.49.3.197
- Jaarda MJ, Razzoog ME, Gratton DG. Providing optimum torque to implant prostheses: a pilot study. Implant Dent 1993;2:50-2. https://doi.org/10.1097/00008505-199304000-00010
- Tan KB, Nicholls JI. The effect of 3 torque delivery systems on gold screw preload at the gold cylinder-abutment screw joint. Int J Oral Maxillofac Implants 2002;17:175-83.
- Standlee JP, Caputo AA. Accuracy of an electric torque-limiting device for implants. Int J Oral Maxillofac Implants 1999;14:278-81.
- Huh YH, Cho LR, Kim DG, Park CJ. Comparison of Implant Torque Controllers using Detorque Value. J Dent Rehabil Appl Sci 2010:26:419-32.