- Volume 25 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
WLAN Security Access Protocol for Rapid Initial Link Setup Process
신속한 초기 링크 셋업 과정을 위한 WLAN 보안 접속 프로토콜
- Received : 2015.11.12
- Accepted : 2015.12.08
- Published : 2015.12.31
It has been prevalent to be serviced through WLAN(Wireless Local Area Network) as a variety of mobile devices have been introduced. If the number of mobile devices increases rapidly for the network access in a limited range of ESS(Extended Service Set), a lengthy connection delays are induced due to the initial link setup process of the IEEE 802.11i which is WLAN security standard. In this paper, we propose a new initial link setup protocol which can be executed in the ESS area of WLAN.
Supported by : 한국연구재단, 한국인터넷진흥원
- IEEE Standard 802.11, "Wireless LAN Medium Access Control (MAC) and Physical Layer (PHY) specifications," IEEE, IEEE std 802.11(Revision of IEEE std 802.11-1999), June. 2007.
- IEEE Standard 802.11b, "Higher- Speed Physical Layer Extension in the 2.4 GHz Band, Supplement to IEEE Standard for Information Technology-Telecommunications and Information Exchange between Systems-Local and Metropolitan Area Networks-Specific Requirements-Part 11: Wireless LAN Medium Access Control (MAC) and Physical Layer (PHY) Specifications," IEEE, Sep. 1999.
- P. C. Mehta, "Wired Equivalent Privacy Vulnerabilities," SANS Institute 2000-2002, Security Essentials Track, Apr. 2001.
- IEEE Standard 802.11i, "Medium Access Control (MAC) Security Enhancements, Amendment 6 to IEEE Standard for Information Technology - Wireless LAN Medium Access Control (MAC) and Physical Layer (PHY) specifications," IEEE, July. 2004.
- Hongquiang Zhai, Yuguang Fang, "Performance Analysis of IEEE 802.11 Mac Protocols in Wireless LANs," Wireless Commun. Mob. Comput, vol. 4, no. 8, pp. 917-931, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1002/wcm.263
- P. Chatzimisios, A. Boucouvalus, and V, Vitsas, "Packet Delay Analysis of the IEEE 802.11 MAC Protocol," Electronics Letter, vol. 39, no. 18, pp. 1358-1359, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1049/el:20030868
- IEEE 802.11ai Draft Standard, "Draft Standard for Information Technology - Telecommunications and Information Exchange Between Systems - Local and Metropolitan Area Networks - Specific Requirements - Part 11: Wireless LAN Medium Access Control (MAC) and Physical Layer (PHY) Specifications - Amendment - Fast Initial Link Setup," IEEE, Sep. 2014.
- Hiroshi Mano, "802.11ai - Improving WLAN System Performance," IEEE 802.11 Documents, Nov. 2013.
- Eng Hwee Ong, "Performance Analysis of Fast Initial Link Setup for IEEE 802.11ai WLANs" IEEE Personal Indoor and Mobile Radio Communications (PIMRC), pp. 1279- 1284, Sept. 2012.
- C. He, C. Mitchell, "Analysis of the 802.11i 4-way Handshake," in Proc. of the 3rd ACM workshop on Wireless Security (WiSe'04), pp. 43-50, Oct. 2004.
- Xinghua Li, Fenye Bao, Jianfeng Ma, "FLAP: An Efficient WLAN Initial Access Authentication Protocol," IEEE Transactions on Parallel and Distributed Systems, vol. 25, no. 2, pp. 488-497, Feb. 2014. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPDS.2013.68