- Volume 28 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
Fracture Behaviour Analysis of the Crack at the Specimen with the Type of Mode I Composed of the Bonded Carbon Fiber Reinforced Plastic
접합된 CFRP로 구성된 Mode I형 시험편 크랙의 파괴 거동 해석
- Received : 2015.09.07
- Accepted : 2015.12.18
- Published : 2015.12.31
In this paper, the carbon fiber reinforced plastic is processed as the double cantilever beam in order to estimate the fracture behavior of composite and is carried out with the static analysis as the mode I. The specimen sizes are 25 mm, 30 mm, 35 mm and 40 mm. And the material property is used with carbon. As the analysis result of mode I, the adhesive part is detached latest by the small force at the specimen thickness of 25 mm. The largest force is happened at the specimen thickness of 40 mm. The defection of the adhesive interface is shown slowest at the displacement of 9.75 mm at the specimen thickness of 25 mm. And the defection is shown quickest at the displacement of 7.82 mm at the specimen thickness of 40 mm. This defection is due to the fracture of specimen. The result of this study on the defection of the adhesive interface and the reaction force due to this defection is thought to be contributed to the safe structural design of the carbon fiber reinforced plastic.
Carbon fiber reinforced plastic;Double cantilever beam;Fracture behaviour;Adhesive interface;Defection
- De. Giorgi, M., Carofalo, A., Dattoma, V., Nobile, R., and Palano, F., "Aluminum Foams Structural Modelling," Computers & Structures, Vol. 88, Issues 1-2, pp. 25-35, 2010. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.compstruc.2009.06.005
- Shin, K.B. and Koo, D.H., "A Study on the Evaluation of the Failure for Carbody Structures Made of Laminated Fiber-reinforced Composite Materials Using Total Laminate Approach", Korean Society for Composite Materials, Vol. 17, No. 1, pp. 18-28, 2004.
- Blackman, B.R.K., Dear, J.P., Kinloch, A.J., MacGillivray, H., Wang, Y., Williams, J.G., and Yayla, P., "The Failure of Fibre Composites and Adhesively Bonded Fibre Composites under High Rates of Test Part III Mixed-mode I/II and Mode II Loadings", Journal of Materials Science, Vol. 31, No. 17, pp. 4467-4477, 1996. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF00366342
- Hashemi, S., Kinloch, A.J., and Williams, J.G., "The Analysis of Interlaminar Fracture in Uniaxial Fibre-polymer Composites", Proc. R. Soc. Lond. Vol. 427, No. 1872, pp. 173-199, 1990. https://doi.org/10.1098/rspa.1990.0007
- Paul, A. and Ramamurty, U., "Strain Rate Sensitivity of a Closed-cell Aluminum Foam", Materials Science and Engineering: A, Vol. 281, Issues 1-2, pp. 1-7, April, 2000. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0921-5093(99)00750-9
- Mohamed, M., Anandan, S., Huo, Z., Birman, V., Volz, J., and Chandrashekhara, K., "Manufacturing and Characterization of Polyurethane Based Sandwich Composite Structures", Composite Structures, Vol. 123, pp. 169-179, 2015. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.compstruct.2014.12.042
- Marzi, S., Biel, A., and Stigh, U., "On Experimental Methods to Investigate the Effect of Layer Thickness on the Fracture Behavior of Adhesively Bonded Joints," International Journal of Adhesion and Adhesives, Vol. 31, No. 8, pp. 840-850, 2011. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijadhadh.2011.08.004
- Jung, J.W., Kim, S.H., Park, J.K., and Lee, W.I., "Research ofn the Development of the Properties of PLA Composites for Automatic Interior Parts," Korean Society for Composite Materials, Vol. 24, No. 3, pp. 1-5, 2011.
- Boang, S.O., Kim, K.S., Kim, S.H., Song, S.G., and Cho, J.U., "Study on Compression Test of Aluminum Foam and Honeycomb Sandwich Composites", Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial Cooperation Society, Vol. 12, No. 9, pp. 3802-3807, 2011. https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2011.12.9.3802
- Blackman, B.R.K., Hadavinia, H., Kinloch, A.J., Paraschi, M., and Williams, J.G., "The Calculation of Adhesive Fracture Energies in Mode I: Revisiting the Tapered Double Cantilever Beam (TDCB) Test", Engineering Fracture Mechanics, Vol. 70, No. 2, pp. 233-248, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0013-7944(02)00031-0
Supported by : 한국연구재단