- Volume 23 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Dynamic Model Identification of Quadrotor UAV based on Frequency-Domain Approach
주파수 영역 기반 쿼드로터 무인기 운동 모델 식별
Jung, Sunggoo;Kim, Sung-Yug;Jung, Yeundeuk;Kim, Eung-Tai
- Received : 2015.10.01
- Accepted : 2015.12.10
- Published : 2015.12.31
Quadrotor is widely used in variable application nowadays. Due to its inherent unstable characteristics, control system to augment the stability is essential for quadrotor operation. To design control system and verify its performance through simulation, accurate dynamic model is required. Quadrotor dynamic model is simply compared with conventional rotorcraft such as helicopter. However, the accurate dynamic model of quadrotor is not easy to develop because of the highly correlated aerodynamic effect of each rotor. In this paper, quadrotor dynamic model is identified from the flight data using frequency domain approach. Flight test of quadrotor is performed in closed loop configuration with stability augmentation system included. Frequency sweep input is applied in each of lateral, longitudinal, yaw and heave axis separately. The bare dynamic model is identified from the flight data of quadrotor responses and thrust measurement through Pulse Width Modulation(PWM) data. The frequency responses of identified model match well with those of flight data, and time responses of identified model for doublet input in each axis are also shown to agree with flight data.
Quadrotor;Dynamic Model;Parameter Estimation;System Identification;Frequency Sweep
- T. Sudiyanto, Muljowidodo and A. Budiyono, "First Principle Approach to Modeling of Primitive Quad Rotor," International Journal of Aeronautical & Space Science, Vol. 10, No.2, November, 2009.
- T. Hamel, R. Mahony, R. Lozano, and J. Ostrowski, "Dynamic Modelling and Configuration Stabilization for an X4-Flyer," in Proc. 15th IFAC World Congr., Barcelona, Spain, 2002. pp.846.
- A. Chovancova, T. Fico, L. Chovanec, P. Hubinsky, "Mathematical Modelling and Parameter Identification of Quadrotor," Procedia Engineering, Vol. 96, Dec. 2014, pp.172-181 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.proeng.2014.12.139
- W. Wei, M. B. Tischler, N. Schwartz, K. Cohen, "Frequency-Domain System Identification and Simulation of a Quadrotor Controller," AIAA SciTech, Jan. 2014
- M. Bergamasco, M. Lovera, "Identification of Linear Models for the Dynamics of a Hovering Quadrotor," IEEE Transactions on Control Systems Technology, Vol. 22, No.5, Sep. 2014, pp.1696-1707. https://doi.org/10.1109/TCST.2014.2299555
- N. Abas, A. Legowo, R. Akmeliawati, "Parameter Identification of an Autonomous Quadrotor", International Conference on Mechatronics, May. 2011
- A. Imam, R. Bicker, "Quadrotor Comprehensive Identification from Frequency Responses", International Journal of Scientific & Engineering Research, Vol. 5, Feb. 2014, pp. 1438-1447
- J. S. Bendat, A. G. Piersol, "Engineering Applications of Correlation and Spectral Analysis 2nd Edition", Willey Interscience, 1993.
- M. B. Tischler, R. K. Remple, "Aircraft and Rotorcraft System Identification-Engineering Methods with Flight Test Examples 2nd Edition", AIAA Education Series, 2012.
- R. E. Maine, K. W. Iliff, "Identification of Dynamic Systems Theory and Formulation", NASA Reference Publication 1138, Feb. 1985
- P. M. Woodrow, M. B. Tischler, S. G. Hagerott, G. E. Mendoza, "Low Cost Flight Test Platform to Demonstrate Flight Dynamics Concepts using Frequency-Domain System Identification Methods," Guidance, Navigation, and Control and Co-located Conferences, AIAA Atmospheric Flight Mechanics Conference, 2013.
- M. B. Tischler, "Frequency-Response Identification of XV-15 Tilt-Rotor Aircraft Dynamics", NASA Technical Memorandum 89428, USAAVSCOM Technical Memorandum 87-A-2, May. 1987.