- Volume 23 Issue 4
The purpose of this study is to explore structural relationship between cognitive factors and emotional factors in predicting behavioral intention of duty-free users. This study conducted questionnaire survey on 246 users of duty-free shops and analyzed it by using structural equation. As the result of the study, attitude was significantly associated with both desire and behavioral intention. Subjective norm had a significant impact on desire, but had no significant imfact on behavioral intention. Whereas perceived behavioral control did not have a significant influence on desire and intention. Desire, which plays mediating role as a major variable in goal-directed behavioral model, turned out to not only have significant impact on behavioral intention but has the strongest effect as well. This study has its academic meaning in that it explored factors which have effect on decision-making process of duty-free users focusing on goal-oriented behavioral model, which is one of integrated psychological models. In practical terms, this study can be used as a basic material for corporations to establish goals in domestic duty-free shops.
Duty Free Shop;Attitude;Subjective Norms;Behavior Intention;Goal-directed Behavior Model
- 노정희 & 김승현, "대학생의 그룹여행 결정 과정에 관한 연구." 관광연구, 27(6), 2013 319-339.
- Ajzen, Icek, and Martin Fishbein., "Understanding attitudes and predicting social behaviour." 1980.
- Ajzen, Icek., "From intentions to actions: A theory of planned behavior." Springer Berlin Heidelberg, 1985.
- Ajzen, Icek, and Thomas J. Madden., "Prediction of goal-directed behavior: Attitudes, intentions, and perceived behavioral control." Journal of experimental social psychology, 22(5) 1986, 453-474. https://doi.org/10.1016/0022-1031(86)90045-4
- Ajzen, Icek., "The theory of planned behavior." Organizational behavior and human decision processes, 50(2), 1991, 179-211. https://doi.org/10.1016/0749-5978(91)90020-T
- Armitage, Christopher J., and Mark Conner., "Efficacy of the theory of planned behaviour: A meta‐analytic review." British journal of social psychology, 40(4), 2001, 471-499. https://doi.org/10.1348/014466601164939
- Bagozzi, Richard P., "The self-regulation of attitudes, intentions, and behavior." Social psychology quarterly, 1992, 178-204.
- Bagozzi, Richard P., and Susan K. Kimmel., "A comparison of leading theories for the prediction of goal‐directed behaviours." British Journal of Social Psychology, 34(4) 1995, 437-461. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.2044-8309.1995.tb01076.x
- Bagozzi, Richard P., and Utpal M. Dholakia., "Antecedents and purchase consequences of customer participation in small group brand communities." International Journal of Research in Marketing, 23(1), 2006, 45-61. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijresmar.2006.01.005
- Bandura, Albert., "Self-efficacy mechanism in human agency." American psychologist, 37(2), 1982, 122. https://doi.org/10.1037/0003-066X.37.2.122
- Bandura, Albert., "Social foundations of thought and action: A social cognitive theory." Prentice-Hall, Inc, 1986.
- Bandura, Albert., "Self-efficacy: The exercise of control." Macmillan, 1997.
- Boulding, William, et al., "A Dynamic Process Model of Sevice Quality: From Expectations to Behavioral Intentions." Journal of marketing research, 1993.
- Carrus, Giuseppe, Paola Passafaro, and Mirilia Bonnes., "Emotions, habits and rational choices in ecological behaviours: The case of recycling and use of public transportation." Journal of Environmental Psychology, 28(1) 2008, 51-62. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jenvp.2007.09.003
- Casalo, Luis V., Carlos Flavian, and Miguel Guinaliu., "Determinants of the intention to participate in firm-hosted online travel communities and effects on consumer behavioral intentions." Tourism Management, 31(6), 2010, 898-911. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.tourman.2010.04.007
- Childers, Terry L., and Akshay R. Rao., "The influence of familial and peer-based reference groups on consumer decisions." Journal of consumer research, 1992, 198-211.
- Conner, Mark, and Christopher J. Armitage., "Extending the theory of planned behavior: A review and avenues for further research." Journal of applied social psychology, 28, 1998, 1429-1464. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1559-1816.1998.tb01685.x
- Davis, Wayne A., "The two senses of desire." Philosophical Studies, 45(2), 1984, 181-195. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF00372477
- Dodor, Jean Baptiste K., and Dharam S. Rana., "Investigating Business Schools' Intentions About Offering E-Commerce Education Using an Extended Theory of Planned Behavior*." Decision Sciences Journal of Innovative Education, 7(1), 2009, 195-220. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1540-4609.2008.00213.x
- Eagly, Alice H., and Shelly Chaiken., "The psychology of attitudes." Harcourt Brace Jovanovich College Publishers, 1993.
- Fishbein, Martin, and Icek Ajzen., "Belief, attitude, intention and behavior: An introduction to theory and research." 1975.
- Fishbein, Martin, and Mark Stasson., "The Role of Desires, Self‐Predictions, and Perceived Control in the Prediction of Training Session Attendance1." Journal of Applied Social Psychology, 20(3), 1990, 173-198. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1559-1816.1990.tb00406.x
- Han, Heesup, and Kisang Ryu., "The theory of repurchase decision-making (TRD): Identifying the critical factors in the post-purchase decision-making process." International Journal of Hospitality Management, 31(3), 2012, 786-797. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijhm.2011.09.015
- Hoffman, Donna L., and Thomas P. Novak., "Marketing in hypermedia computer-mediated environments: conceptual foundations." The Journal of Marketing, 1996, 50-68.
- Johnston, Kim L., and Katherine M. White., "Binge-drinking: A test of the role of group norms in the theory of planned behaviour." Psychology and Health, 18(1), 2003, 63-77. https://doi.org/10.1080/0887044021000037835
- Leone, Luigi, Marco Perugini, and Anna Paola Ercolani., "Studying, practicing, and mastering: A test of the Model of Goal- Directed Behavior (MGB) in the software learning domain." Journal of Applied Social Psychology, 34(9), 2004, 1945-1973. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1559-1816.2004.tb02594.x
- Malle, Bertram F., and Joshua Knobe., "The distinction between desire and intention: A folk-conceptual analysis." Intentions and intentionality: Foundations of social cognition, 2001, 45-67.
- Moore, Gary C., and Izak Benbasat., "Development of an instrument to measure the perceptions of adopting an information technology innovation." Information systems research, 2(3), 1991, 192-222. https://doi.org/10.1287/isre.2.3.192
- Moscarello, Justin M., Osnat Ben-Shahar, and Aaron Ettenberg., "External incentives and internal states guide goal-directed behavior via the differential recruitment of the nucleus accumbens and the medial prefrontal cortex." Neuroscience, 170(2), 2010, 468-477. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.neuroscience.2010.07.002
- Norman, Paul, and Lawrence Smith., "The theory of planned behaviour and exercise: An investigation into the role of prior behaviour, behavioural intentions and attitude variability." European Journal of Social Psychology, 25(4), 1995, 403-415. https://doi.org/10.1002/ejsp.2420250405
- Perugini, Marco, and Richard P. Bagozzi., "The role of desires and anticipated emotions in goal-directed behaviours: Broadening and deepening the theory of planned behaviour." The British Journal of Social Psychology, 40 2001, 79. https://doi.org/10.1348/014466601164704
- Perugini, Marco, and Richard P. Bagozzi., "The distinction between desires and intentions." European Journal of Social Psychology, 34(1), 2004, 69-84. https://doi.org/10.1002/ejsp.186
- Song, Hak Jun, et al., "The effect of environmentally friendly perceptions on festival visitors' decision-making process using an extended model of goal-directed behavior." Tourism Management, 33(6), 2012, 1417-1428. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.tourman.2012.01.004
- Taylor, Shirley, and Peter A. Todd., "Understanding information technology usage: A test of competing models." Information systems research, 6(2), 1995, 144-176. https://doi.org/10.1287/isre.6.2.144
- Taylor, Steven A., "The addition of anticipated regret to attitudinally based, goal-directed models of information search behaviours under conditions of uncertainty and risk." British Journal of Social Psychology, 46(4), 2007, 739-768. https://doi.org/10.1348/014466607X174194
- Terry, Deborah J., Michael A. Hogg, and Katherine M. White., "The theory of planned behaviour: Self-identity, social identity and group norms." The British Journal of Social Psychology, 38, 1999, 225. https://doi.org/10.1348/014466699164149
- Thompson, Keith E., Nikolaos Haziris, and Panagiotis J. Alekos., "Attitudes and food choice behaviour." British Food Journal, 96(11) 1994, 9-13. https://doi.org/10.1108/00070709410074632
- Venkatesh, Viswanath, and Fred D. Davis., "A theoretical extension of the technology acceptance model: Four longitudinal field studies." Management science, 46(2), 2000, 186-204. https://doi.org/10.1287/mnsc.184.108.40.20626
- Wauters, Erwin, et al., "Adoption of soil conservation practices in Belgium: an examination of the theory of planned behaviour in the agri-environmental domain." Land use policy, 27(1), 2010, 86-94. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.landusepol.2009.02.009
- Zint, Michaela., "Comparing three attitude-behavior theories for predicting science teachers' intentions." 2002.
- The Effect of Servicescape at Airport Duty Free Shop on Customer Satisfaction and Image vol.24, pp.1, 2016, https://doi.org/10.12985/ksaa.2016.24.1.016